DNC Lawyers Argue DNC Has Right to Pick Candidates in Back Rooms

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
http://observer.com/2017/05/dnc-lawsuit-presidential-primaries-bernie-sanders-supporters/
Attorneys claim the words 'impartial' and 'evenhanded'—as used in the DNC Charter—can't be interpreted by a court of law
On April 28 the transcript was released from the most recent hearing at a federal court in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., on the lawsuit filed on behalf of Bernie Sanders supporters against the Democratic National Committee and former DNC chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz for rigging the Democratic primaries for Hillary Clinton. Throughout the hearing, lawyers representing the DNC and Debbie Wasserman Schultz double down on arguments confirming the disdain the Democratic establishment has toward Bernie Sanders supporters and any entity challenging the party’s status quo.
this is going to be fun.

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
democrat shills will still follow them no matter what they do.
Be brave and show some GOP indignation for a change, lol. Oh, yes, by your posts here, you love/hate Republicans and Trump and hate/hate Democrats. Come on, come clean. :)

All political parties reserve the right to favor candidates. Heck, the GOP did not even bother to keep their preference hidden in a back room, but we'll never hear you criticize them until pressed, then we get a superficial jail'm comment. You're not fooling me. :)

Reactions: Eraserhead

zin

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2010
United Kingdom
Be brave and show some GOP indignation for a change, lol. Oh, yes, by your posts here, you love/hate Republicans and Trump and hate/hate Democrats. Come on, come clean. :)

All political parties reserve the right to favor candidates. Heck, the GOP did not even bother to keep their preference hidden in a back room, but we'll never hear you criticize them until pressed, then we get a superficial jail'm comment. You're not fooling me. :)
Except they don't. The DNC's bylaws state they will hold an impartial selection process. If you give them money with the understanding that the party isn't sabotaging the candidate you support, as they have told you, but in reality they are, that is FRAUD.

Here's the judge's last question:

If a person is fraudulently induced to donate to a charitable organisation, does he have standing to sue the person who induced the donation?
What's your answer?

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Except they don't. The DNC's bylaws state they will hold an impartial selection process. If you give them money with the understanding that the party isn't sabotaging the candidate you support, as they have told you, but in reality they are, that is FRAUD.

Here's the judge's last question:

What's your answer?
Sanders financed his own campaign through record numbers of small donations.

ibookg409

Suspended
Apr 20, 2016
Portsmouth, NH
https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/2680892/LTR-to-USATTY-and-FDIC-IG-Re-Apparent-Fraud-Sen.pdf

With Jane Sanders being investigated for bank fraud you have to ask how many of those small donations were legitimate. It's not directly related but it raises questions.

The most glaring questions is why do all these high level politicians have such shady dealings? And why do we tolerate it?

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/2680892/LTR-to-USATTY-and-FDIC-IG-Re-Apparent-Fraud-Sen.pdf

With Jane Sanders being investigated for bank fraud you have to ask how many of those small donations were legitimate. It's not directly related but it raises questions.

The most glaring questions is why do all these high level politicians have such shady dealings? And why do we tolerate it?
Don't you have a better link? A quick glance did not reveal any election fraud issue, and a lawsuit in itself is not an example of guilt, right?

ibookg409

Suspended
Apr 20, 2016
Portsmouth, NH
Don't you have a better link? A quick glance did not reveal any election fraud issue, and a lawsuit in itself is not an example of guilt, right?
Its actually a suit about Jane Sanders conduct as President of the college she ran into the ground and her suspected federal bank fraud. I originally said it may not be related. I think it speaks to the overall ease in which these high level political types will cheat, scheme and lie to get what they want.

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Its actually a suit about Jane Sanders conduct as President of the college she ran into the ground and her suspected federal bank fraud. I originally said it may not be related. I think it speaks to the overall ease in which these high level political types will cheat, scheme and lie to get what they want.
Was she prosecuted, or did she lose the lawsuit? That would be important to know.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
You're going to have to do better than this nothing burger. It didn't stick during the primaries, it matters even less now.

ibookg409

Suspended
Apr 20, 2016
Portsmouth, NH
You're going to have to do better than this nothing burger. It didn't stick during the primaries, it matters even less now.
I'm not condemning anyone. It just seems strange the more I read about it. I don't believe she was prosecuted but I don't think the matter is settled either.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
I'm not condemning anyone. It just seems strange the more I read about it. I don't believe she was prosecuted but I don't think the matter is settled either.
It's strange because it's been played up as a proxy attack on Bernie via insinuations and exaggerations.

There are better things to take issue with Bernie on than his wife and and a donation to the school that was pulled by the donator.

ibookg409

Suspended
Apr 20, 2016
Portsmouth, NH
It's strange because it's been played up as a proxy attack on Bernie via insinuations and exaggerations.

There are better things to take issue with Bernie on than his wife and and a donation to the school that was pulled by the donator.
I'll focus on the issues that I find important. I will research the issues that I deem worthy of research.

End Statement.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
I'll focus on the issues that I find important. I will research the issues that I deem worthy of research.

End Statement.
Then do some actual research before just making assertions.

Anyway, back to the dumpster fire that is the DNC. It's very clear with Pelosi's statements on the abortion kerfuffle that the DNC thinks they are going to survive by picking up the mythical republicans so disgusted by Trump that they'll somehow become....democrats.

Please be sure to turn off the lights, whoever is the last person in the party. :rolleyes:

zin

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2010
United Kingdom
The Sanders campaign did not manage the primary. The lawsuit was filed by donors to the DNC. They allege fraud by the DNC because they would not have supported the party in its primary process if they had known they cheated for Hillary. They allege they expected the DNC to be impartial and fair because it's written in their bylaws.

Now answer the question. Do you think a donor has the right to sue somebody if they were fraudulently induced to contribute?

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
The Sanders campaign did not manage the primary. The lawsuit was filed by donors to the DNC. They allege fraud by the DNC because they would not have supported the party in its primary process if they had known they cheated for Hillary. They allege they expected the DNC to be impartial and fair because it's written in their bylaws.

Now answer the question. Do you think a donor has the right to sue somebody if they were fraudulently induced to contribute?
Yes, sure they have a right, although contributions going to the Democrat Party are to support Democrats. During the primaries, if you have a particular candidate, my suggestion is to send money to that candidate and not the party. Is this the revelation you desire, when we both know the agenda here is to disparage Democrats regardless of who the candidate is.. :)

zin

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2010
United Kingdom
Yes, sure they have a right, although contributions going to the Democrat Party are to support Democrats. During the primaries, if you have a particular candidate, my suggestion is to send money to that candidate and not the party. Is this the revelation you desire, when we both know the agenda here is to disparage Democrats regardless of who the candidate is.. :)
Do you think it's fraud to solicit donations based on deceptive practices?

Reactions: ibookg409

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Do you think it's fraud to solicit donations based on deceptive practices?
That depends, and my understanding is that fraud has yet to be determined by the court. And if so, then I don't support what the DNC did. Now why don't you admit your agenda? You don't give a hoot about this other than a vehicle for partisan advantage. I won't hold my breath. :)

zin

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2010
United Kingdom
That depends, and my understanding is that fraud has yet to be determined by the court. And if so, then I don't support what the DNC did. Now why don't you admit your agenda? You don't give a hoot about this other than a vehicle for partisan advantage. I won't hold my breath. :)
What agenda? The Democrats are as rotten as the Republicans. The difference is that there is court-admissible evidence to support a claim against the Democrats.

Why won't you just acknowledge they cheated for Hillary? They're a bunch of crooks.