Do all 15's (2016) have hiss coming out of speakers with sound?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by robertfrancis70, Jan 4, 2017.

1. robertfrancis70 macrumors newbie

I've tried 3 different specimens of the base model 15" and they all have a hissing coming out of the speakers (a low level static sound) when you play any audio on the device.

Any audio signal triggers it (e.g., music or a youtube video, but also system alert sounds, mail, etc.), and if you play and then immediately pause a song or a video, the hissing continues for another 10-15 seconds and then stops -- but if you want to listen to any audio, the hissing sound stays on.

There is speculation on the page linked to below that it's a bug with all of the new MacBook Pros, but I wanted to check in with people here:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7772834

Dying to know if this is (a) unique to the 3 specimens I've brought home (I doubt it and can't test this in stores, too much ambient noise); (b) if it's just a software bug and can be fixed, and (c) if it's common to many or all of the new machines, is it a hardware glitch that can't be fixed?

Thanks so much!

2. jerryk macrumors 68040

Someone else had a thread on this issue earlier. Search should find it.

3. robertfrancis70 thread starter macrumors newbie

There is an earlier thread, but I'm still wondering if everyone has this bug or just a few of us.

Thanks!