Do any agnostic or liberals here hunt?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Sep 24, 2015.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

hunt? I am trying to get ready for the end of the season deer hunt with my Trad bow. on "conservative" boards agnostics are pretty much liberals :p.

2. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

3. zin macrumors 6502

I don't hunt. Do you hunt the deer for food or for leisure?

4. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

par for the course for many of the things I post :p .

5. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

I think he has been taking lessons from me.

6. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

more reasons than just those listed.
    1. food .
    2. leisure, I ate *tag soup for a few years in a row . it did not bother me one bit, being out there in the woods brings inner peace, kind of like a mini vacation for the soul.
    3. meat that is free of vaccines & has not been fed crap full of hormones.
    4. challenge, Using a bow means self imposed limits of 20 yards or less. specially with traditional equipment.

* tag soup means the only thing you were able to eat after the season ended was the tag you bought :p

7. samiwas macrumors 65816

I think the OP is unclear. He's asking if anyone here who is agnostic or liberal hunt because on conservative boards the agnostics are liberals. I'm not sure where to go with that.

8. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

thank you.

9. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I have cross dressed during Halloween, is that close enough?

10. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Oh yeah, I believe that. Sure. "Just during Halloween" Yeah. Whatever.

11. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I do try out many of my 60 outfits every weekend , just to make sure they fit when Halloween rolls around of course

[​IMG]

12. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I killed two birds when I was a kid. One with a BB gun, and one with a thrown apple. Both instances left me with a profound sense of remorse.

So no, I don't hunt. And I've been a vegetarian for 25 years.

Plus, when the option is available, I try to buy vegan clothes and accessories.

13. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I want to try the vegetarian lifestyle just a bit, I do hear it is pretty healthy.

14. citizenzen macrumors 65816

You can eat beans all day long. :D

15. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

You've obviously never had to deal with squirrels and raccoons before. That whole "empathy for all living things" thing runs out fairly quick-like when you're dealing with animals that you're pretty sure do things to you not out of instinct, but pure, unremittent spite.

I'll eat vegetarian every once in awhile. There are quite a few tasty veggie dishes out there that work just fine without having to act as a side for a meat.

16. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I do, I make them from scratch, but ALL day gets a tad boring. beans are mostly my breakfast or late dinner. I am interested a bit more in vegetarian plates that might fill you up w/o being bland/boring. sometimes I try lentil instead of beans. or switch to black beans just to change things up a bit.

17. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

exactly what I am interested in.

18. skottichan macrumors 6502a

skottichan

Used to with my mom's second husband (deer and small game) and my maternal uncles (ducks). I kinda grew out of it when I hit my 20's.

I tried vegetarian when I was dating a girl (she was a vegetarian for health reasons) when I lived in California, I got really sick after about a month. I could barely keep anything down and was amazingly weak. Went to the ER and after a buttload of tests, I found out I don't have the bacterium to properly digest most veggies. Kinda made me angry, because I love veggies.

19. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

I'm a card carrying Agnostic Liberal $#%! and I usually manage to find time to fill several of these critters (pic below) with holes during the year, most often using pistols @ 25-100 yards.

I don't usually eat these dead critters once they're all shot up, but I do feed their carcasses to the earthworms in my compost pile. Does that count as "hunting"?

[​IMG]

20. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Oh but I do have to deal with raccoons. My wife loathes them and I goad her by calling them "wash bears" to make them seem more innocent. Likewise, spiders are "land crabs" and potato bugs are "jerusalem crickets". It's a cheesy tactic, but it does work to take out some of the reflexive disgust we feel towards those creatures.

21. samiwas macrumors 65816

He can't possibly Crossfit...he talks about other things.

22. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

I'm neither liberal or agnostic. I am outdoorsy in the sense that I like to get drunk on patio's.

23. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Tis no greater shame that I have but one upvote to give...

24. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

It isn't so much their names, or the association that comes along with them that, makes them such giant pains in the asses.

Like squirrels, for instance. They once got into my gutters, burrowed a hole into them, and spent all summer scurrying back and forth between the floors. You'd be lying in bed, about to drift off to sleep, when suddenly you'd hear them.

sksksktktktktktktkttk chunk chunk chunk sktksksktktktktsktksktkt.

That's about the last thing you want to hear late at night. Before I realized what it was, I thought it serial killer Howard Hughes, dancing his extra long fingernails across my walls.

I did attempt some more humane methods to get rid of them at first, but none worked. I sealed up the hole. They dug it back out. Put chicken wire on parts of the gutter. They tore through it. Lined the gutter with a few rubber snakes. They tossed them out. Eventually I shot one of them with a BB gun, and laid the body next to the hole in the gutter.

That kept them out.