Do any of you make music with Garageband?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by -LikesMac-, Sep 23, 2011.

1. -LikesMac- macrumors 6502

2. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

I don't use it to make music from scratch but I do use it to edit songs I record on my Yamaha portable grand.

3. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

4. AMLindsay macrumors newbie

Your song sounds pretty good, are those all loops or are some of the instruments actually recorded?

I used to use GarageBand a lot to make music, mostly just riffing on my guitar and adding drum tracks, accompanying instruments, etc. Also tried to use it to make beats, but there isn't a whole lot of variety available for synthesizers, drums, what have you. Also wasn't too happy with the export options, I could never get exported audio that would sound half as crisp and clear as it did in the program.

I recently got a program called Reason and Record from a Swedish company called Propellerhead. My friend gave me the install and I love it. So many different instrument options, bass and guitar amp settings to record real instruments, a more professional and practical interface, and the exported mp3 or .aaif file will sound just as good as it did in the program, some at the level and sound quality you'll hear from pop songs on the radio. Definitely a fantastic program that you can really do a lot with.