Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MovieCutter

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 3, 2005
Washington, DC
Just watching the last two scenes again, and it didn't take me long to tear up. I know when my friends and I went to see it in theaters last year, all the guys were pretty choked up. Is this the case with the rest of you?

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Nope. Not at all.
The intro to Up did though... watched it with family and I was trying really hard to hold those tears back.

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
I didn't. I liked the film, but the first two were the best. Maybe if I watched it more, I'd like it more, but it just didn't seem like it "fit" script-wise with the other two.. it seemed a bit dry, by Pixar's standards.

The beginning to Up also got to me a bit; And that one art in Wall•E as well. But still no tears.

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
Toy Story 3 disappointed me somewhat - partly because the reviews I read of it were so incredibly positive (and I didn't think it lived up to the hype), and partly because, well, it was a rehash of the first two movies (toy in peril, other toys try to rescue the toy in peril without being found out by the humans, toys rejoice at their happy reunion).

I also didn't get the "sad" part that so many people went on and on about.

sorepheet

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2010
East Coast
Pretty emotional when Andy is playing with the toys one last time, when the toys are sliding into the incinerator and reaching out for each others hands... if you didn't choke up for a second you probably need your soul spoon fed to you. I do agree that beginning of UP gets me every time! :( :eek:

gr8whtd0pe

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2008
Dallas, NC
Freaking Pixar!

When he gives his toys away and is talking about all of them to Bonnie, gets me every time.

I have UP, but I have never watched it.

ErikCLDR

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2007
Marley and Me. Everyone came out of that movie crying including myself.

Funny that it's listed as a comedy and the last 45 minutes is the dog dying.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
I don't think I cried when watching Toy Story 3, but it made me emotional. I know I was tearing up at the end of Tron Legacy though. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.