Do Apple have a history of all the Macs you have owned?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Caris, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Caris macrumors 6502a

Caris

Hey everyone, I know this is a wierd thread but I'm wondering if anyone can help me out. Basically I'm wanting to know if Apple have a history of all the Macs I have bought.

The reason for this is, I was thinking the other day. Over the past couple of years I have probably been through quite a number of Macs. The reason being for example when the Unibody Macbooks first came out there were lots of little issues with them, dust behind the screen, wonky keys, loose battery covers, dead pixels (which can affect anything). Every time I seem to buy a Mac I go through a few till I find a perfect one, which I still don't regret as I expect perfection for the price of them.

I just don't want to have a really dodgy record with Apple due to returning quite a lot of Macs, which I'm afraid I may have. Even though I maintain I have done nothing wrong. I'm worried I will have some sort of profile with them with a ton of serial numbers and "returned" next to them or something, or if they just have the serial and how long of a warranty it has left with no personal details.

I don't think I will be changing Macs for a couple of year at least so it won't get any worse. I'm just a little concerned about the past.

Can anyone help me out?

2. yetanotherdave macrumors 68000

yetanotherdave

They probably do have a record, it'd make sense, if you always buy online using your apple ID, or register new macs bought in store with that same apple ID.
    I doubt they're going to refuse to sell you a mac, despite the fact it sounds like you are costing them a fair bit by making a lot of new products into refurbished ones, but this could mean they are less lenient/inclined to give you the benefit of doubt in a discretion decision.

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

They probably have a record, but the only way they would track you I would imagine would be by your Apple ID which you wouldn't need to purchase one from the store.

4. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

if you registered all of them then they would have record of that.....don't know how long they keep the info on file tho.

5. Gregg2 macrumors 603

I'd say that if they agreed to accept the returns, they agreed with you that it was faulty equipment. Don't worry about it until it becomes a real problem, if it ever does.

6. mac-ho macrumors member

Considering your history, I think Apple has a picture of you with a knife in it!! :D:D :D

7. XheartcoreboyX macrumors 6502a

XheartcoreboyX

Be aware!

Apple will send you a Mac with windows 98 preinstalled next time you refund a Mac. :p

8. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Worse.

Windows ME. :eek:

9. alexlovesmacs macrumors 6502a

Even more worse

Windows Vista!:p

10. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Do you remember ME? Vista may suck, but it's got nothing on Windows ME.

(All of this is rather tangental to the thread, though.)

11. HBOC macrumors 68020

didn't they have windows 98SE?

12. partyBoy macrumors 68000

partyBoy

good one...:p

13. partyBoy macrumors 68000

partyBoy

ha ha ha:D