Do Apple really get shipments of stock every day?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SamsMochi, Sep 20, 2013.

1. SamsMochi macrumors newbie

Been hearing a lot of people say it. It might not mean restocks of the 5s though? Or does it? Might pop to my local apple store 1st thing tomorrow and see what the deal is.

2. cbanksy9 macrumors member

Tomorrow is equally important for apple. Both carrier and apple stores sure to have more, albeit limited still with probably little to no whites, but here's hoping.

3. SamsMochi thread starter macrumors newbie

Will there be big queues tomorrow as well? Kind of thought I'd just head down casually and take my chances, really not gonna bother queuing if it's massive.

4. cbanksy9 macrumors member

Im guessing Apple will be busier than carrier stores. But they also get more supply.

5. SamsMochi thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah I think I might just get there for 8 (store opens at 9). If they do have them in stock, are my chances good? Don't really wanna get there any earlier than that

6. cbanksy9 macrumors member

Honestly, I'm doing the same thing , though mine doesn't open until 10!, and I think we have a very decent chance. I was reading some stores got mid day shipments as well so fingers crossed! Good luck!

7. timize macrumors regular

timize

Apple Store iPhone 5s Shipment Overnight

What are the chances the Apple Stores will get a shipment overnight with silver/gold 16gb phones?

I waited in line for 12 hours and was 5th in line at the Apple Store in Grand Rapids, MI, only to find that not even the 1st person in line (who wanted a gold 16gb 5s) couldn't get what he wanted, let alone myself.

I eventually settled for space gray, but I want to exchange it for a gold or silver one if one is available.

8. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

Yeah, how many people will be in the stores tomorrow. Now that the big scalper gangs are out of the way, will it be a short wait?

9. Allport1954, Sep 20, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2013

Allport1954 macrumors member

There are 36 possible combinations for the iPhone 5s (4 carriers x 3 colors x 3 sizes). If your store receives 1 of every possible iPhone 5s combination with no duplicates, 11.11% of the stock will be 16gb gold iphone 5s. Assuming you have a carrier picked out, the percentage drops to 2.77% (1 out of 36). This scenario, however, is highly unlikely since it doesn't account for the overrepresentation of the Space Grey color.

TLDR; No one really knows (and numbers lie)

10. sflomenb macrumors 6502a

sflomenb

At least you got a phone. Some people aren't even able to get one! I can't go to an Apple Store until Sunday, and the local store is already sold out, meaning I probably can't even get one.

11. iAlphard macrumors regular

What i heard is that the next stock will be on October.

12. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

13. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

It will vary but is bet in some places the queue tomorrow may be even worse or equal. More people off on the weekends, same idea, etc..

I'm glad I decided to just go this morn and get it over with.

14. Becact macrumors member

When I was in line today the store got a new shipment, but alas it was only space grays. I'm sure ry get multiple shipments per day, but I don't think we'll see more white and gold for at least a week or two :(

15. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

More like a month. Tons of people online ordered gold and silver, those will get filled first. Good luck trying to buy something in-store anywhere for weeks.

16. komiothebeat macrumors 6502

komiothebeat

not true, just because they had X amount of people pre-order online, doesn't mean that they aren't going to be having ANYMORE in the stores till they fill all of the pre-orders online throughout the world... that would be a stupid business move and they have never done that in the past, they still nee phones to push through physically through their apple stores..

17. Col Ronson macrumors 6502a

you'd have a better chance at a non space-grey color by going online. tbh. i think that after they passed the 10th guy in line, they were out of them. Meaning that they probably had 5-6 to begin with.

18. Scott6666 macrumors 65816

Scott6666

Everyday EXCEPT Sunday.

I was told don't come first thing as deliveries come sometime during the day. I used to hear 10:30 am was common and maybe another one around 3 pm.