Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SamsMochi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2013
Been hearing a lot of people say it. It might not mean restocks of the 5s though? Or does it? Might pop to my local apple store 1st thing tomorrow and see what the deal is.

cbanksy9

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2007
Tomorrow is equally important for apple. Both carrier and apple stores sure to have more, albeit limited still with probably little to no whites, but here's hoping.

SamsMochi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2013
Will there be big queues tomorrow as well? Kind of thought I'd just head down casually and take my chances, really not gonna bother queuing if it's massive.

cbanksy9

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2007
Im guessing Apple will be busier than carrier stores. But they also get more supply.

SamsMochi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2013
Ah I think I might just get there for 8 (store opens at 9). If they do have them in stock, are my chances good? Don't really wanna get there any earlier than that

cbanksy9

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2007
Honestly, I'm doing the same thing , though mine doesn't open until 10!, and I think we have a very decent chance. I was reading some stores got mid day shipments as well so fingers crossed! Good luck!

timize

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Apple Store iPhone 5s Shipment Overnight

What are the chances the Apple Stores will get a shipment overnight with silver/gold 16gb phones?

I waited in line for 12 hours and was 5th in line at the Apple Store in Grand Rapids, MI, only to find that not even the 1st person in line (who wanted a gold 16gb 5s) couldn't get what he wanted, let alone myself.

I eventually settled for space gray, but I want to exchange it for a gold or silver one if one is available.

Velin

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Hearst Castle
Yeah, how many people will be in the stores tomorrow. Now that the big scalper gangs are out of the way, will it be a short wait?

Allport1954

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2010
Ann Arbor, MI
What are the chances the Apple Stores will get a shipment overnight with silver/gold 16gb phones?

I waited in line for 12 hours and was 5th in line at the Apple Store in Grand Rapids, MI, only to find that not even the 1st person in line (who wanted a gold 16gb 5s) couldn't get what he wanted, let alone myself.

I eventually settled for space gray, but I want to exchange it for a gold or silver one if one is available.

There are 36 possible combinations for the iPhone 5s (4 carriers x 3 colors x 3 sizes). If your store receives 1 of every possible iPhone 5s combination with no duplicates, 11.11% of the stock will be 16gb gold iphone 5s. Assuming you have a carrier picked out, the percentage drops to 2.77% (1 out of 36). This scenario, however, is highly unlikely since it doesn't account for the overrepresentation of the Space Grey color.

TLDR; No one really knows (and numbers lie)

Last edited:

sflomenb

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2011

At least you got a phone. Some people aren't even able to get one! I can't go to an Apple Store until Sunday, and the local store is already sold out, meaning I probably can't even get one.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
Will there be big queues tomorrow as well? Kind of thought I'd just head down casually and take my chances, really not gonna bother queuing if it's massive.

It will vary but is bet in some places the queue tomorrow may be even worse or equal. More people off on the weekends, same idea, etc..

I'm glad I decided to just go this morn and get it over with.

Becact

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2013
When I was in line today the store got a new shipment, but alas it was only space grays. I'm sure ry get multiple shipments per day, but I don't think we'll see more white and gold for at least a week or two :(

Velin

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Hearst Castle
I'm sure ry get multiple shipments per day, but I don't think we'll see more white and gold for at least a week or two :(

More like a month. Tons of people online ordered gold and silver, those will get filled first. Good luck trying to buy something in-store anywhere for weeks.

komiothebeat

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2008
Corona, CA
More like a month. Tons of people online ordered gold and silver, those will get filled first. Good luck trying to buy something in-store anywhere for weeks.

not true, just because they had X amount of people pre-order online, doesn't mean that they aren't going to be having ANYMORE in the stores till they fill all of the pre-orders online throughout the world... that would be a stupid business move and they have never done that in the past, they still nee phones to push through physically through their apple stores..

Col Ronson

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2008
you'd have a better chance at a non space-grey color by going online. tbh. i think that after they passed the 10th guy in line, they were out of them. Meaning that they probably had 5-6 to begin with.

Scott6666

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2008
Everyday EXCEPT Sunday.

I was told don't come first thing as deliveries come sometime during the day. I used to hear 10:30 am was common and maybe another one around 3 pm.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.