Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

M0esmac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 25, 2012
UK
Hi guys,

Do Apple Store replaces your iPhone 5 if you get any scuffs without a reason?

I like both colours but I'm on the black side, but If I get it and wear it without a case and it gets any scuffs... I'm not happy.

You can rock iPhone 4/4S without a case and it will look brand new unless you drop it on the concrete, but it doesn't seem that you can put your iPhone 5 into your pocket and not get any scuffs / scratches...

Thanks

Jamesesesesess

macrumors 6502a
Nov 26, 2011
No, buy a case or deal. I've had my black iPhone 5 for a week and the back is flawless. If you take care of it, you won't get scuffs.

M0esmac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 25, 2012
UK
No, buy a case or deal. I've had my black iPhone 5 for a week and the back is flawless. If you take care of it, you won't get scuffs.
Yeah but that care is massive. It have to be on your desk all the time or in your hand when you out and about.
I bet if you get your iP5 in your pocket with 1cent it will get scuffs all over it. I'm alright with screen protector, but not with a case.

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
It's not hard to take care of your phone honestly. I just don't put anything else in my pocket that my phone goes into. It's in a window mount in my car. It sits on a microfiber cloth on my nightstand, and I lay it down pretty much anywhere on my wooden desk, on top of the mac mini, on coasters, etc and I still don't have any scratches or scuffs since launch day. I don't have any cases or screen protectors on mine either.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Hi guys,

Do Apple Store replaces your iPhone 5 if you get any scuffs without a reason?

I like both colours but I'm on the black side, but If I get it and wear it without a case and it gets any scuffs... I'm not happy.

You can rock iPhone 4/4S without a case and it will look brand new unless you drop it on the concrete, but it doesn't seem that you can put your iPhone 5 into your pocket and not get any scuffs / scratches...

Thanks

Get a 4S. Problem solved.

MaC rA mE

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2010
Yeh same. My black 5 flies solo in my pocket and rolls naked all the time. Also being careful not to put it onto any gritty surface.

M0esmac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 25, 2012
UK
I don't understand why people put their phones in the same pocket as loose change or keys...

You know when you hold your phone in your hand and then you're in some shop and they give you loose change for 1 cent or something like that, you put it in your pocket. AND if you in hurry, I don't think that you think about your phone in the same place as that 1cent. And not all pockets are curved when that cent may be in the middle. And you feel it with your hand. Almost all of them are like rectangle, it slips in one corner.

Get a 4S. Problem solved.

I already have it. Problem - not solved. :)

Josh220

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2008
I am always coherent enough to make sure that nothing else goes into my pocket with the phone. Phone is on the left, everything else goes in the right. Had my phone since the release date and there's not a single scuff on it. When it's not in my pocket, I set it on something nearby- book, wallet, mouse pad, etc.

Easy peasy. If you can't keep it scuff free, they offer cases.

Jamesesesesess

macrumors 6502a
Nov 26, 2011
I already have it. Problem - not solved. :)

The only way you can solve this 'problem' is to either buy a case or treat the phone with care. Expecting a new phone for free that retails at least $650 each time you get a scuff is preposterous and no company would do that.

I'm barely even treating my 5 any differently than my 4S and like I said, it's in perfect condition. You'll get scratches on any phone that you mistreat.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.