Do Apple Stores get more stock for Sundays?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by steffi, Sep 22, 2012.

1. steffi macrumors 6502a

Late Saturday my local Apple Store had people in line with only the 16 GB left in Stock.

They said they don't expect any more stock as they don't get deliveries on Sundays.

Is that consistent with other Apple Stores?

Apple is keen to pump the numbers until end of Sunday early morning Monday when they can announce sales so wouldn't you think they'd be going out of their way to get stock to their stores this weekend?

2. MR1324 macrumors 6502

i would go there right when it opens and then check again later in the middle of the day. i am sure it is no coincidence that they release during the weekend. you're right, they want to maximize their sales as much as possible.

3. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Since fedex and UPS are the main delivery vendor... not sure how they would get a deliver on Sunday.

4. SAMtheGAM macrumors regular

SAMtheGAM

With the iPad 3 Apple was holding stock back by a day so on Sunday they were selling the ones received on Saturday

5. iBaloney macrumors 6502

iBaloney

I was wondering how newly arrived shippings would work. Do they immediately make them available for sale or is there some kind of grace period before they are allowed to be sold.