Do at&t employees get discounts on the iphone 4 or ipad2????

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Stayfly2407, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Stayfly2407 macrumors 6502

Stayfly2407

I just got hired at a corporate store, don't start till a few weeks but I want a iPhone 4 but wondering if I get a free account with at&t or do u get discounts on the iPad/iPhone......what about discounts on the plan????

2. Mrawr macrumors member

No discounts on hardware, but I believe retail employees get a free work phone and work plan. There are service discounts for employees who have peronsal lines with AT&T.

3. sagew macrumors member

AT&T corporate employees aren't even allowed to buy an iPhone until several months after launch due to supply constraints.

Service may be discounted, but not the device.

Sorry for the bad news.

4. Stayfly2407 thread starter macrumors 6502

Stayfly2407

Could I buy the iPhone and use it instead of the phone they give me??

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I don't know know if ATT is different but I was talking to my a couple of folks at verizon and asked if they got a discount for the iPad. They glumly responded that they don't. Everything else they sell, they get a discount except for apple products.

6. shelbymayer macrumors regular

No discounts on equipment...and huge discount on plan

there is no "free" employee plan...you will be set up on a ANR line (your service will run you about $35 a month) BUTTTTTTTTT the huge downside to this is no ability to sign a contract so you have to buy phones at cost (which is just a little lower then the no commitment price)

I work for AT&T and kept my personal line and did not get the ANR line!

now of course there are sales contests that result in winning phones (I've won a motorola backflip and blackberry torch which I instantly sold on ebay :D)

7. Stayfly2407 thread starter macrumors 6502

Stayfly2407

Ok so what about the iPhone? Can I by an iPhone and use it on that ANR line?

8. labman macrumors 604

labman

wouldn't it make sense to ask them at your new job. I know I thinking way out of the box here. Just seems like a good question to run past your boss.

9. calvy macrumors 65816

Ask your boss. I'm sure it's info that is available to you. They want you to have a phone so that you can show it off to customers. I am an AT&T management employee, and we don't get any discount on the phone itself, but I do get 50% off my monthly bill.

10. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

No discount on the iPhone, but you do get the corporate sponsorship fan discount, so service discounts, & 40% off accessories.

11. war eagle macrumors 6502a

Nobody gets discounts on Apple products. Not ATT, Best Buy, Wal mart or Target employees.

12. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

Not true. Apple offers epp programs with many companies, at&t has one too, the only thing with no discount is the iPhone, everything else (including the iPad 2) is discounted.

13. Stayfly2407 thread starter macrumors 6502

Stayfly2407

I wonder if the iPad2 would be worth waiting for the discount or just go buy it in another store

14. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

I'd rather have the discount on the monthly plan. The savings would add up much more over time than having the discount on the phone.

15. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

If you find one, buy it. The epp discount for the iPad isn't much.

16. anonnymouse macrumors regular

Holy thread revival, Batman!

EPP as an Apple employee is pretty sweet. That's all I'm sayin' :p

17. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

This thread is well over a year old. What are you doing? Wish this board had a downvote. :mad: