Do college students need iPad bad enough where they have to beg for it?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by lovedakota, Apr 25, 2011.

1. lovedakota macrumors newbie

2. GadgetAddict macrumors 6502

He/she is not really begging. But I would be surprised if he/she managed to raise the money this way. I don't know who would be that naive to donate.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It's been my experience that kids in college will beg for just about anything. Not all, I'm sure, but many. I was in college and grad school and yet I never managed to successfully pull off the "poor college student" line on anyone. And no, my education was not and still is not free. ;)

iPads are a luxury, this kid doesn't need one.

4. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

And the cycle of poverty is perpetuated another generation. :rolleyes:

5. lovedakota thread starter macrumors newbie

Same here! lol

6. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

Definitely not. Im in college, and I have an iPad, but I wouldn't say I "need" it. I could do fine without it actually, but I like having it, so i got one.

7. darngooddesign macrumors G3

If the kid can pull this off then more power to him/her.

8. lighthouse_man macrumors 6502a

Is this really a college student or one in need at all? Look at his history as a seller, he's been selling loads of Apple TVs along other expensive items.

9. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. He is being straight forward about it at least.

Agreed. I doubt he will make much.

10. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

Yeah and iPad is not needed really but I suppose it depends on what you study.

I am studying Computer & Digital forensics so I take my iPad into university just to take notes in lectures but I still need my Macbook Pro at my house for running OSX, Windows & Linux to carry out investigations and complete assignments.

So I could never get rid of my Laptop fully and just have an iPad for university.

If you were on a course where you just needed to take notes in lectures and all your assignments only required you to use word processing applications then maybe you could get away with just have an iPad for university.

11. lovedakota thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, i guess it is a pretty good idea. I'm going to keep my eye on it and I'll update the thread if he gets anything for it. :)

12. Raven45 macrumors member

Raven45

If I had to rely on an iPad for note taking when in college, I would have been in a world of hurt. Just too slow.
    Now, for playing Solitaire during my boring organic chemistry classes...... :)

13. WyldRyce macrumors member

An iPad is never needed for college unless you were taking some type of class that requires an iPad. On a different note, I do use my iPad for note taking in class which is more convenient than using pencil and paper for me considering the fact I can type much faster than I can write. (even on the iPad)

14. moosquared macrumors regular

moosquared

Once the bidding ends, someone should email this to Jay Leno's Tonight Show.
    SOLD or NOT SOLD! :D

15. bluemonkeyguy macrumors 6502

16. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

Judging by the items this person has sold - it looks like more of a want than a need.