Do I get Malware Virus? After upgrading to High Sierra, I got two Guest Accounts at Login screen

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by blackbirdz, Oct 8, 2017.

1. blackbirdz macrumors member

I just noticed this after upgrading to High Sierra. When I restart my MacBook, I am presented with my login as usual, but I notice there are 2 additional accounts, both of them are Guest.

The first Guest account requires password to login, in which I do not know what the password is (even my own password does not work). The second Guest account is the Safari-mode only account.

I have disabled the Guest account at Users & Group, unchecked Allow guests to login and uncheck Allow guest users to connect to shared folder. I do not have Find My Mac set up. Yet, both Guest accounts above still appear everytime I restart my MacBook.

What suspicious is the Guest account with the password.

Is it possible that I got malware, virus etc?

I attach picture of the login screen.

Attached Files:

2. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

No virus. That is an OS bug. There are other threads on the subject. Many have had success doing a clean install and turning on FV during the install process and not after the fact manually.

3. CrzyP macrumors 6502

I have this problem too. I hate that everyone says clean install. I wish these OS updates would just work.

4. h9826790 macrumors G5

h9826790

1) Open Terminal

2) type

sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.loginwindow SHOWOTHERUSERS_MANAGED -bool FALSE

3) Enter your password

4) reboot

5. CTHarrryH macrumors 68000

Guest account showed up for me but several days after the install. I disabled in users and accounts and it hasn't shown up again, yet