Do I get my money back for a Season Pass from iTunes (strike)???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nlivo, Feb 19, 2008.

1. nlivo macrumors 6502a

I payed $40 for the 3rd season of prison break (thinking there would be about 21 episodes) when it first started airing. The season has finished at 13 episodes due to the strike, do I get a refund for of the episodes that never got written?? Do I get some money for the 9 or so episodes I payed for and never got???

2. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

that is a very interesting question..i assume iTunes has nothing acknowledging this? Did you try calling support? I am sure there are others wondering the same thing...maybe they can credit your account.

3. nlivo thread starter macrumors 6502a

I haven't tried to contact apple at all but I just thought of this after I downloaded the "Season Finale" of prison break from iTunes. I'm not happy!!

4. stevegmu macrumors regular

That's outrageous. There are plenty of sites where you can find Prison Break, and pretty much every other TV show.

5. nlivo thread starter macrumors 6502a

????

6. telf22 macrumors regular

the tv shows broadcaster ---fox lets u watch every episode online w/o ads for free :)

7. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

iTunes gives you video credits for season passes that can't be fulfilled. I had a season pass for 'Psych', but then USA went off iTunes so they gave me video credits for the number of episodes I did not receive. They didn't send me an email about it or anything (unless I missed it somehow). They just appeared in the iTunes store one day when I logged in.

8. hexonxonx macrumors 601

But those sites don't allow you to watch their shows on your iPod/iPhone/Touch like iTunes does. I don't mind buying TV shows for this reason alone. Very well worth it.

9. wvuwhat macrumors 65816

wvuwhat

Exactly, it's pointless to watch an episode on my 13.3" MB, that's what I bought a 60" Samsung DLP and Apple TV for. Let us know what Apple does for the strike...

10. nlivo thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, nah, I just sent Apple an email I clicked on the "iTunes Feedback" button in the iTunes menu) and I just got an email back then saying I will have store credit appear in my account in about 3 days. I am a happy chappy.

11. HelixOmnimedia macrumors 6502a

HelixOmnimedia

I got an e-mail from Apple a few weeks back regarding the Season Pass I bought for Desperate Housewives Season 4. It said that because its back into production more episodes will be coming at a future date.

They didn't say anything about giving credit back for the episodes short of a normal regular season... just have to wait and see what happens.