Do I have a better shot at grabbing a 7+ on launch day in a nearby Apple or AT&T Store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zooby, Sep 11, 2016.

1. zooby, Sep 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  2. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

3. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Target has had iPhones in stock on launch day for like the last 4 years.
    It's usually the ones with the lowest storage.
    Every year I pre order and every year I meet someone at work that just dropped in to a Target after work and bought one.

4. garyleecn macrumors 6502a

5. zooby, Sep 11, 2016

zooby thread starter macrumors 6502a

6. boygiant macrumors member

boygiant

Depends on where you live. I think Apple launch day sales have gone every year (don't quote me), or it seems like more iPhones are available on launch day more so than they were a few years ago. I'd say try Apple first as they usually have more options in terms of storage and colors. If that doesn't work, try your carrier.

7. randalblanken macrumors regular

I'm going to call my local target (5mins away) to ask if they'lol have stock on Friday. If not, I may try to visit an Apple Store(30 min away). But I'm not waiting all night, and I live in the Chicago suburbs so my Apple stores will be jam packed. If that's the case I may wait until Saturday as I've heard it's much easier to do a walkin, or the 17th reservations that will open up.

8. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

I have a T-mo unlocked delivering on 16th and have a Verizon pre-ordered at target. I hope they let me buy it at full price because I would love a CDMA+GSM phone vs GSM only device.

I am in west chicagoland. Naperville Main Place has been lucky for me. Doesn't hurt that I live like 5-7mins from there.

9. HellasLEAF macrumors member

HellasLEAF

I do the reserve online at the apple store. Works like a charm

10. garyleecn macrumors 6502a

Considering jet black is so rare this year (just like gold when it came out). I'd say 3pm. Don't know for att though
    --- Post Merged, Sep 12, 2016 ---

I'd be soooooooo surprised that you can just walk in a store and get one on launch day

11. rarebeauty macrumors 6502

rarebeauty

Not to discourage you, but I doubt those jet blacks will be available anywhere on launch day. If they are in fact available anywhere, it would be at an Apple Store. I wouldn't bank on AT&T.

12. zooby, Sep 12, 2016

zooby thread starter macrumors 6502a

13. randalblanken macrumors regular

I'm directly between Naperville Main Place and Orland Park Square Mall. When you say you've had luck at that store, what exactly do you mean? Like, as a walkin on launch day? How long do you wait in line? Or do you go later that day or the next day? Just curious as I'm still planning what I'll do this weekend. I don't have a phone on preorder.

14. Brandonjr36 macrumors 6502a

I was looking at the jet black but I went ahead and ordered a 32gb black instead. Cause I guess the jet black scratches real easy and is a finger Print magnet.

15. jtwlbz macrumors 6502a

I live in chicago suburb last year i went to local att at 9am i was only one there. Att had only one pluses for each color.

16. comptr macrumors 65816

To be honest if you are looking for Jet Black + or regular you need to go the apple store and at least get in line by 4:00 PM Max to get one on Thursday.

17. randalblanken macrumors regular

Unfortunately I'm on cricket and can't go to a carrier store. Unless I'm wrong in assuming they won't sell to someone who's not on a service plan with them.