Do I have a faulty iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by act1980, Dec 5, 2011.

1. act1980 macrumors regular

act1980

I just got the 4s 3 days ago and the battery life is shocking on it.

I charged it to 100% 5 hours ago and the battery has drained completely already. I haven't heavily used it either.

The software is completely up to date. Is it worth booking a genius apt? This is my 4th iPhone now and I have never had issues before.

Thanks.

2. Neolithium macrumors 6502a

Neolithium

3. SweetLou122 macrumors regular

yes book an appointment. This is a significant issue, however SO many people have iphones that a) would not know if this was even a problem, or b) bother taking it in. The best way to get a solution quicker is to make it more of an issue (not out of proportion, just be honest).

They know its an issue, and although getting it replaced is a shot in the dark, im about to be on #3, its worth a shot.

4. act1980 thread starter macrumors regular

act1980

Do you think apple will just give me a new phone?

5. Pipper99 macrumors 68000

Pipper99

I would just return it for a refund, and purchase a replacement. If you go through the genius bar, and they do their diagnostics, they may tell you that the battery is fine and that it's common for smart phones to drain quickly depending on the features that you use.

In the US, you have 30 days to return an iPhone. The night before that I took in my iPhone to return, I went online and reserved another that I would purchase for the replacement. I went in the next day, and a rep processed the return and replacement without me having to go through the genius bar.

6. act1980 thread starter macrumors regular

act1980

I got mine with a contract though?

7. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Even if you return the phone, your contract will reset and you can repurchase a new phone. But it can take a few days for your contract reset to take place.