Do I have any chance to find one in stores? (nyc)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by peass, Apr 25, 2015.

1. peass macrumors newbie

Hi guys

Flying to the US next week. Do I have any chance to find one at Apple or BestBuy? Should I even try? Any configuration would do.

2. z31fanatic macrumors 6502a

z31fanatic

Usually it's harder in such densely populated areas like NYC but the good thing is that there are Best Buy stores everywhere so you may get lucky if you are willing to visit more than a few.

3. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Go to your nearest best buy and politely ask a blue shirt if they have any in stock. If they don't, politely ask when would be a good time to call back so you're not bugging them unnecessarily.

For instance, a blueshirt informed me they get shipments in on Monday and Thursday nights, so the best time to call would be when the store opened on Tuesday and Friday.

Call a smaller store first thing in the morning as soon as they open to ask about your model. If they don't have them in stock, ask them nicely to check surrounding stores. Half the time, they'll transfer you to the other store. Or see if you can pay there and pick it up at the other store.

If a local store does have them in stock, ask if they'll hold it for you (locally, the ones around here will hold it up to closing if you give them your name and call dibs). If not see if you can buy it over the phone .

If that doesn't work, get on the bb.com site and check your local area for returns and open box.

Good luck, and good hunting.

4. peass thread starter macrumors newbie

5. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

the apple store on the upper west side has them (i keep going in there to explore the new mb). reasonable that the other apple stores would have them as well...

6. tecnho macrumors 6502

Stock or display? It seems OP is looking to buy

7. noobinator macrumors 601

Most (if not all) Apple stores have display models but no stock to sell.