Do I have to change all of my contacts' numbers?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nlivo, Feb 22, 2008.

1. nlivo macrumors 6502a

I just got my iPhone (which I am loving, by the way) but whenever someone calls me or texts me the number isn't recognised by the iPhone. The person who sent it is in my contacts but the iPhone puts a '+61' in-front of it therefore making the number different from the one in the person's contact information. When I change the contacts' number so it has a '+61' in-front of it then the iPhone recognises it fine, but I don't want to have to do that to all of my contacts and then remember to do that whenever I am adding a contact in. Please help. Thanks.

2. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

If you convert your contact numbers to +format, you can easily make calls no matter where you are in the world. Who knows what platforms you will extend your contact database to in the future, but the + format is definitely the way to go as you move forward.

I have about 700 contacts, and did it slowly over a few months. Glad it is in this format now.

3. nlivo thread starter macrumors 6502a

thanks for the suggestion but I don't want to be in the "+ format". Is there a way I can get the iPhone to recognise my contacts' numbers or do I HAVE to change all my numbers? Thanks.

4. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

No, you dont have to do it. I believe theres a program in installer that can fix this for you, but I dont know the name unfortunately. Also, I was having that problem, but restoring and rejailbreaking and unlocking fixed it right up for me.

5. nlivo thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cool, thanks. Do you know what the name of the app is called?

EDIT: Sorry, just re-read your post. Does anybody else know the name of the app?

6. MysterMac macrumors member

me too - so many times I cant find/remember the name of fixes in installer.app, and its becoming a pain with every update/restore to track them down.

7. iSamurai macrumors 65816

iSamurai

this is what I did to ALL my contacts, mate. it won't take long though.

you could, alternatively, use appsupport patch (go to iclarified.com, it's in one of their tutorials).