Do I need 64G?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by trlyka, Sep 14, 2012.

1. trlyka macrumors 6502a

trlyka

Ok, I always bought the 16G iPhone and I'll admit I have had to maintain the phone by removing things to make room. I am certainly getting at least the 32G for myself this time and my Mom is getting the 16G since she could really care less about music and apps. She actually uses her phone for talking and text more then anything else.

I don't have a ton of music (maybe 100 songs), but I will add more. Music isn't a priority for me to have on my phone. I like being able to put movies on the iPhone, but only a few. They do take up a lot of room. I'm not a big gamer. Just simple, fun games, nothing too intense. I think I have downloaded a handful of apps in the past year.

Maybe I just answered my own question.... :rolleyes:

2. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Don't take pictures and record videos? Those occupy a lot of space.
    I am getting 64GB, and if they release 128GB I will get it also.
    I do have a big Music and Video Library.

3. alent1234 macrumors 603

i have a 16GB and take hundreds of photos a month and listen to music. i have 6GB of apps too.

also have a 64GB ipad

4. mateo124 macrumors regular

I myself am getting a 32GB because I don't feel I should spend $400 for a phone. I usually have a large amount of apps but with LTE it will be easy to redownload content when I need it. If you feel you need the 64gb, by all means, go and buy it. But in the end you'll end up spending over $500 on the phone, and accessories, possibly a warranty.

5. trlyka thread starter macrumors 6502a

trlyka

I take both, but I don't 'need' to keep them on my phone. I usually transfer a lot to iPhoto. If I need to, I can always put something back on my phone.

----------

Yeah, I think I agree. I think twice the storage I am used to having should be fine.

6. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

I always bought 16g phones but then I started listening to lossless music, but at the same time this phone has LTE so I will just rotate the music I am listening to at the moment and stream the rest so I am going with 32gb

7. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

Definitely getting 64GB. With HD video, on trips I had to scale back a lot