iPad Do i need a 30 pin £30 hdmi cable

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Stu9, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Stu9 macrumors member

For an ipad 3 and 4 or will one about 10 from the bay work as good....i'm a bit confused because they ones i was looking at say the do the 2,3,4 but my 4's got a diffirent connector from her 3....can anyone shed any light on this

2. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

What exactly are you looking for? If you have an ipad 3 and 4 you will need two different cables unless you get the lightning to 30 pin adapter.

3. Stu9 thread starter macrumors member

The hdmi cable as i said in the title

To go from the pad to the tv...i saw the 30 pin ones in the Apple shop and saw cheaper one online (which say they're still 30 pin) but wondered if they were the same, ie quality. What didn't uderstand is that one i saw online say they fit the ipad 2,3,4 but you (and the apple shop) say i need 2 that's because the connectors on the pads are diffirent sizes especially the 3 and 4

The ones online (ebay) range from £5-15, the apple shop are £35 and 40, that's what's making me think if you're gtting the same quality from the cheaper ones, or will i need to get the apple ones. If that's the case though, at £35 and 40 i'll only get one

I can't believe over 400 looked and only you answered...my god!!......am i the only one that's ever asked about putting an ipad to a tv

4. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

Probably because your post was a little bit jumbled and difficult to read, and there are other posts on this subject if you search.
    You will need two different cables I believe - one with the 30-pin connector at one end, and one with the Lightning connector at one end.
    You get what you pay for - the 3rd party cables, while cheaper, may not work reliably with your TV.