Do I need to buy Apple Earphones for my sold iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jmpmntwnty3, Jun 17, 2008.

1. jmpmntwnty3 macrumors 6502

I just sold my 16 GB iPod touch on eBay for $275, but I don't have the standard earphones. I gave those away the day I got the iPod and bought my own because I hate Apple's standard earphones. But I was thinking about buying them and putting them in the box, but I didn't realize they were $50 ... that's crazy! So should I just put the earphones I've been using in the box, or just leave the earphones out altogether?

As a buyer, what would you want? Personally, I wouldn't care either way seeing as I didn't pay full price for the iPod. But what are your thoughts?

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

$50? They retail for $30 and you can often find them on the marketplace here for less than $15. Personally, I'd just leave them out.

3. brandonzar macrumors regular

I wouldn't mind if I was the buyer, in fact I'd prefer you leave out the head phones. I bought a used Touch at best buy and when I opened the box the headphones were in there but they had the previous owners earwax all over them. :eek: The syncing cable wasn't included though and that was a big deal so I returned it.

4. jmpmntwnty3 thread starter macrumors 6502

I wanted to ship it out tomorrow, so I went to Best Buy so that I could get them right then and there. I guess they cost $50 there, which is outrageous for a cheap pair of earphones.

That's what I thought too, especially with the earwax thing. That'd gross me out lol. Even if they looked clean I don't think I'd be comfortable with using some earphones someone else has been using.

5. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

Just make sure you state the Apple earbuds are not included. Anyone who truly enjoys music wouldn't use the crappy Apple earbuds anyway. Plus they don't stay in.

6. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

Just email the buyer and ask what they would prefer.

7. rjflyn macrumors regular

If your auction says they are included you are more than likely going to have to bite the bullet and buy them. If not well then you gave yourself some wiggle room, but you also now gave the buyer a reason to back out as well. Don't get pissed if he does.

Personally I would want to get my own Apples or not. Just a personal choice. But a deal is a deal.

Rj

8. mixmacface macrumors regular

mixmacface

i would hate it if i bought an ipod and there were no earphones. . and i wasn't warned. that actually happened once, but then again, i was buying a then 300$ ipod video for a mere 125$. but definitely email the buyer. . you might get neutral feedback if you didn't warn them and they wanted some. .

9. stagi macrumors 65816

stagi

i personally wouldn't need it since I have extras but it just depends on what you said in the listing.

10. jmpmntwnty3 thread starter macrumors 6502

I actually didn't mention anything about the earphones. And no, I walked straight out of that store haha. I'll be damned before I pay $50 for some damn Apple earphones.

I guess I'll e-mail the guy, but I was going to the post office in a couple of hours to drop the package off so that it could get to him by the weekend, and I doubt he'll respond within the next couple of hours. But I'll try.

11. tremlock macrumors 6502a

tremlock

i sold an iPod on Ebay once and the guy flipped that i didnt include the earphones...i can't see why someone would want in-ear phones that ive sweat all over from the gym...guess it takes all kinds..id rather go with out...

12. Michaud68 macrumors member

Personally I wouldn't want any earphones with it and if I did get them I would just toss them out. Something about them being in someone else's waxy ear is kind of gross but if your auction didn't state what it had for earphones I would just throw in a pair of whatever you wanted to give up.

13. LillieDesigns macrumors 6502

LillieDesigns

I'd send it without headphones and if the buyer complains, shoot him/her an e-mail saying you forgot to pack them and go buy them then. Basically, play dumb and if the buyer complains, send him/her the earbuds separately.