Do I need to reserve an iPad at the Apple Store to get one?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Kieranic, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Kieranic Guest

Hey,

There is a chance I'll be going to Honolulu in January of '11, and I'm considering buying an iPad from the Apple Store there.

Just two questions:

1. Do I need to reserve an iPad at the store or can I just walk in and buy one? (I did some research but most posts about that subject seem to be around April 2010 and considering it'll be like 9ish months since the release of it, I'm not 100% sure).
    2. Does anyone have a slight idea of when Apple may announce/release the 2nd Gen of the iPad?

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

My local Apple Store has had them in stock for the last few weeks so you shouldn't have a problem, you don't need to reserve them anymore :)

3. zakfox1986 macrumors member

1. You should be fine, especially by January of next year.

2. Well, you would guess around March or April. I doubt it'll be much earlier, but you never know.

4. Kieranic thread starter Guest

Thanks for the quick replies :)
    If I make up my mind, I'll probably just reserve anyway. Ya know, just to be on the safe side :)

5. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

My local apple stopped taking reservations after a while. It was first come first serve basis. And now it's pretty much in stock to where you don't need to get in first thing in the morning.

6. numbertwelve macrumors newbie

From a UK perspective, when I bought mine this weekend I asked them how stock was. They said at the moment they're having no problems but think it could get tight again as the runup to Christmas begins in earnest.

7. Kieranic thread starter Guest

Yeah, but I'll be there in late January so there shouldn't be a problem :)

8. nlkccom macrumors 6502a

At this point it's very unlikely that you'll need to reserve the iPad. I live in Los Angeles, and I was able to walk into any Apple store and purchase an iPad, and chances are they have all models in stock.

Best bet? Call the Apple stores and ask. There are a few Apple stores in Honolulu, the 2 that I can remember off the top of my head is there's one near Waikiki beach, and one at Ala Moana Mall. Good luck!

9. darngooddesign macrumors G3

The safest bet is one year after the original was released, but I have a vague suspicion, based on nothing concrete mind you, that there will be refresh come Christmas to give us a facetime camera.

10. brettanderson macrumors member

A facetime camera for Christmas would need to be released within the next month.

11. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

A Facetime camera isn't just for Christmas... ;)

Also, we would have seen shots from Chinese websites of iPad exteriors with a camera enclosure months ago.

12. XJ13sd macrumors member

Guess you guys are in other countries, but in southern California they are stocked at every wal-mart and target now- was at target over the weekend and they had 3-4 of each wifi model in.