Do I need to upgrade my unlockd 1.1.1 to 1.1.5?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by lopro, May 25, 2008.

1. lopro macrumors newbie

I've been using this 1.1.1 since I got my 8GB. Should I upgrade to 1.1.5? If so, how do I go about doing that and will my applications installed on 1.1.1 still work with 1.1.5?

Thanks...

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Well, there is no 1.1.5, but since the 2.0 update is imminent, I'd just wait for that. You'll need to reinput all of your contacts and their information as well as reinstall your apps, but under 2.0, the App Store-for all intents and purposes-will take the place of Installer.

3. lopro thread starter macrumors newbie

If all my contacts are backed up on my MacBook, won't I be able to sync them back to the iPhone?

Also, will I need to re-install all of my apps?

thanks...

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Oh, you mean as a backup in iTunes? Yeah, that doesn't work. You need to manually put them all back in.

Yes, you'd need to reinstall them. If you're waiting for software 2.0, however, you should also wait until they distribute those apps over the App Store.

5. philgilder macrumors 68000

what are you talking about?????????

you can restore information two ways
    1) when the iphone restore is complete, it will ask you if you want to restore data from a backup or set up as a new iphone. restoring from backup will restore contacts, calendar, settings, photos (including ones in camera roll) etc

2) restore from data saved on the mac, for example, address book contacts, iphoto photos etc

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Doesn't work on mine. I've had to reinput everything every time. I lost some good contact pictures and quite a few numbers.

7. lopro thread starter macrumors newbie

Sounds fun...so basically I should wait for 2.0, then try to find a way to go from 1.1.1 to 2.0. From there, it's like I have a brand new virgin phone (i.e. no memory of previous data or settings, etc.)???

Correct me if I'm wrong...

8. lopro thread starter macrumors newbie

I didn't see philgilder's post...the only thing I'll need is instructions to upgrade to 2.0 (when the time comes).

thankyou