Do I want an iPhone 5s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jamin00, Jan 2, 2014.

1. jamin00 macrumors 6502

jamin00

Hey guys,

To be clear Im not looking a 'this is better than X" or anything but after genuine advice.

I was an iPhone user for years before switching to the S4 when 4G was made more widely available the start of last year and it is very good but... Im missing the iPhones. I still my MBP and iPad as I do genuinely love Apple products but the main seller with the S4 was the screen size over the 4s. Now the 5s has a bigger screen and is 4G I'm looking at swapping my S4 for the 32gb 5s.

Are there any common issues with the latest iPhone as Im out of touch with them now and have done a quick scan but can't see any major issues.

One comment I would have is Apple so NEED to add the ability to add memory as I can on my S4 and that is FANTASTIC!!!!

Any help and advice is greatly appreciated.

Oh, when will the 6 be out lol ;)

2. MJD Dawg macrumors 6502

Junction of the Pacific, Juan de Fuca & NA Plates
    The screen on the 5S is not a heck of a lot bigger than the 3.5" screens on the iPhone 3 and 4.

If size is the main selling point for you, then you might as well hold out for the rumoured larger screen of the iPhone 6 later this year.

3. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Would I want an iPhone 5s... I WOULD LOVE ONE I WANT IT SO BAD!!!!!! It's amazing!!! Also no matter what the rumors say the so called iPhone 6 will come out I'm September. Apple will not add add able memory cuz they make so much more money on you buying it from them. Just look a 128 gig iPad is like $900!

4. SomeGuyDude macrumors 6502a

SomeGuyDude

Only real issue I'm aware of is the rattly buttons. Other than that it's golden.

5. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

Actually only one of the three available colors is golden. The other two are not. :D

6. AFDoc macrumors 68030

7. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

Do you want to buy iPhone 5s for the posters of this thread, and gift them?
    Yes. Yes you do.

PM sent with address, thanks.

8. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Apple have not and will never sell you a phone with upgradable memory nor a removable battery. Never. Finito.

9. moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

10. rpol macrumors newbie

11. davidg4781 macrumors 68000

12. I7guy macrumors G5

The forums are full of 5s issues. If you love apple products you'll ignore that stuff and buy your 5s.

13. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

Flip a coin....:p

I went from an iPhone 3G to 3GS to Nokia ( N and E series... R.I.P. S60 :( ) to 4/4S/5 to GS4 to Note 3 and back to the 5S now... Still have the Note 3 and love it. But, I'm so heavily in to the iOS ecosystem, it'd be redundant and financially unwise to go all out on Android.

If that wasn't the case, I'd be rocking the N3 everyday!

What do you miss about the iPhone ?

14. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Do you like your S4? If you do, why not keep it? Serious question here. You didn't really mention any cons of the s4, other than you "miss iPhone".

15. andyw715 macrumors 6502a

If you want an iPhone get it!

On paper the screen size seems marginal, but after commandeering my daughters 4s while waiting for the 5s to arrive I noticed how dinky the screen was.

I'm not sure the size of your s4 screen but if it's bigger be prepared for a similar experience.

16. SomeGuyDude macrumors 6502a

SomeGuyDude

Sounds to me like he prefers iDevices but the S4 attracted him due to its larger screen size.

I'll say this, I dumped my S4 for a 5s and while I personally am happy with the switch, I will gladly list off what the cons are to having done it.

• Yeah, the screen size. If you were really big on the S4's screen it's gonna feel weird back down on the iPhone's small display.
    • The S4's IR blaster was amazingly convenient if you used it. That's the feature I miss the most.
    • Not being able to switch out the keyboard on an iPhone drives me bonkers. I miss Swype so much it's not even funny.
    • All the little bonuses like microSD and a replaceable battery were really nice and could be a bummer now.
    • The S4 is jam packed with nifty gestures and features. I didn't use 95% of them but they're still there if you want 'em.

17. Amplelink macrumors 6502a

The 6 will almost certainly have a bigger screen. If you can wait, I'd wait. Or if money isn't an issue, I'd splurge on the 5s now. Since you have lots of other Apple stuff, your iPhone will work nicely with them.

18. imanidiot macrumors 6502a

19. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

I was kinda hoping you would know that...