Do iPhone 5 accessories work on iPhone 5S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tymaster50, Oct 19, 2013.

1. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

Got a 5S as a birthday present, one of my moms friends that works at AT&T(probably where I'll be interning at) held a few models for us so I'm gonna go pick it up today, does the mophie charger case work for it or no?

2. zeezey macrumors member

It should if it has the lightning connector...the size and stuff is the same as the 5.

3. macgrl macrumors 65816

Apparently some 5 cases will fit but might not fit perfectly due to the camera and flash positioning on the 5s...best to check out exactly that the case works specifically for the 5s.

4. tymaster50 thread starter macrumors 68030

tymaster50

It is deep enough to show just a tiny bit of silver on the back of my white 5, i'm guessing that will be enough?

----------

eh it's not like it'll be a huge loss, I'm almost always near a charger

5. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Charging will be the same with a 5S as with a 5. The only real difference in terms of case fit is the flash, which is larger on the 5S. If a case opening is too close to the larger flash, then flash photos may not look too good (the flash will reflect off the case edges & into the lens, causing flare).

Cases that wrap around the front and cover the home button would, of course, affect the Touch ID feature. Also cases that wrap around and come up to the screen edge can make it more difficult to open Control Center with the swipe from the bottom - but that's an issue with iOS 7 on the 5 or the 5S.