Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tymaster50

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
Got a 5S as a birthday present, one of my moms friends that works at AT&T(probably where I'll be interning at) held a few models for us so I'm gonna go pick it up today, does the mophie charger case work for it or no?

zeezey

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
It should if it has the lightning connector...the size and stuff is the same as the 5.

macgrl

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2008
Got a 5S as a birthday present, one of my moms friends that works at AT&T(probably where I'll be interning at) held a few models for us so I'm gonna go pick it up today, does the mophie charger case work for it or no?

Apparently some 5 cases will fit but might not fit perfectly due to the camera and flash positioning on the 5s...best to check out exactly that the case works specifically for the 5s.

tymaster50

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
Apparently some 5 cases will fit but might not fit perfectly due to the camera and flash positioning on the 5s...best to check out exactly that the case works specifically for the 5s.

It is deep enough to show just a tiny bit of silver on the back of my white 5, i'm guessing that will be enough?

----------

eh it's not like it'll be a huge loss, I'm almost always near a charger

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
It is deep enough to show just a tiny bit of silver on the back of my white 5, i'm guessing that will be enough?

----------

eh it's not like it'll be a huge loss, I'm almost always near a charger

Charging will be the same with a 5S as with a 5. The only real difference in terms of case fit is the flash, which is larger on the 5S. If a case opening is too close to the larger flash, then flash photos may not look too good (the flash will reflect off the case edges & into the lens, causing flare).

Cases that wrap around the front and cover the home button would, of course, affect the Touch ID feature. Also cases that wrap around and come up to the screen edge can make it more difficult to open Control Center with the swipe from the bottom - but that's an issue with iOS 7 on the 5 or the 5S.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.