Do new iPads rebuild pages again and again like my iPad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Riwam, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Riwam macrumors 6502a

Riwam

I cannot read for instance posts in this forum until the page rebuilds several times in Safari.
    It usually takes a couple of minutes of rebuilding again and again until it stays still and can be read.:mad:
    The same happens in other pages in the web.
    I don't believe it to be a problem of this forum, but since posts are intended either to be read or to be answered, it is particularly annoying over here.
    I have no idea if this problem affects particularly old iPads like my iPad 2.
    The question is if I buy a new iPad will this nuisance not take place?
    Thank you very much in advance for your feed back. :)

2. Woodcrest64 macrumors 6502a

Woodcrest64

I don't have the problem on my Air 2 at all. Websites and forums load properly.

3. Riwam thread starter macrumors 6502a

Riwam

Thank you very much Woodcrest64 for your very useful information.
    I appreciate your feed back very much!
    Thanks!:)
    Ed

4. Mernak macrumors 6502

Yeah, it's primarily due to the amount of RAM the iPad has. As time goes on, websites require more and more resources to display their page, resulting in higher RAM usage per page (which is part of the reason that it gets worse the older the device is, even keeping the hardware and OS the same). Once it reaches the limit, it will start removing pages you haven't used from RAM and instead requesting the page again (which does annoying things like removing stuff you enter in text forms, like Replies to posts). This happens quite a bit on my iPad 3 (for MR posts, I've learned to copy/paste my reply if I'm switching tabs/apps), but not so much on my iPhone 5S.

5. Riwam thread starter macrumors 6502a

Riwam

Thank you very much Mernak for your explanation why rebuilding pages happen so often in my old iPad 2.
    Thanks!