Do not have access to all of my contacts on my Mac

Discussion in 'macOS' started by kat.hayes, May 24, 2016.

1. kat.hayes macrumors 6502a

I use Google for my primary contacts, I am noticing that my Address book on my Mac is only synching certain contacts, though I am not sure which contacts or how it is selecting the ones to synch over. It is currently set up to use my main iCloud account. Does this simply mean that my Google contacts are not synching properly with iCloud? I do seem to have all of my contacts from Google on my iPhone.

Thanks.

2. Kissmyne macrumors 6502

Kissmyne

Is your Gmail(Google) account configured under the System Preferences>Internet Accounts section on your Mac? and is contacts checked for that account on your Mac?

Google does not rely on (nor does it use)iCloud to sync your information, however it does require that the corresponding account with said information is configured on your Mac.

Internet accounts should list off something like this(left column in image) if your Google account is configured on your Mac..
    Screen Shot 2016-05-27 at 2.50.08 PM.png

IF it is not configured, then that is the reason why your contacts aren't "syncing".. simply click on the "Google" option in the right column of image above(should be the third listing), type in any requested info corresponding to your account from that point, and make sure "Contacts" is 'Checked'.

Let us know how this goes for you :)