Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xkmxkmxlmx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 28, 2011
Overall I am really liking iOS 7 so far. Especially once I installed some darker wallpapers to contrast all the new lighter white scheme.

I am looking forward to the final release with all the bugs ironed out and a snappier response time.

That said, one change I can not stand is the ".com" button when searching/typing in safari. I constantly hit it and it has made typing on the kb frustrating on a kb that I usually find far superior to any other mobile device.

canucksfan88

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2007
Overall I am really liking iOS 7 so far. Especially once I installed some darker wallpapers to contrast all the new lighter white scheme.

I am looking forward to the final release with all the bugs ironed out and a snappier response time.

That said, one change I can not stand is the ".com" button when searching/typing in safari. I constantly hit it and it has made typing on the kb frustrating on a kb that I usually find far superior to any other mobile device.

i agree! i have hit that so many times...

cennix

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2012
OMG, totally agree with this, it's one of the most frustrating things on this mediocre update >.<

tygrubb

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
This has to be the reason we didn't haven a unified location/search bar before. It's so super freaking frustrating to type anything there. Major usability issue. Hope they come up with another solution.

Ay_Zimmy

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I have to practice hitting the space bar by pressing the exact middle.. not feeling it. maybe a .com symbol would help instead and make the spacebar bigger again..

Jimrod

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2010
Agreed, the .co.uk gets hit every other time I'm typing in the search bar.

aimee.elizabeth

Cancelled
Sep 28, 2012
Agreed! Hopefully they can change it, maybe revert it back to when you hold the period button, options for .com etc will show up.

Firen

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2009
Vienna, Austria
Yeah that button is bugging me as well. I don't think I've ever searched for something in the new Safari without there being a ".de" in the middle of my keyword.

J.C

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2008
Even if they just switched the .com and spacebar around I'd be happy.

DustinT

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2011
Ya, the tweaks to this have caused me to mistype so many things. This needs some more work. I do like the omnibar though.

Naor

macrumors regular
May 19, 2013
When you think about it, the microphone also takes up space. If you disable it, it will be way easier to press the space key.

ominx

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
Yes, add me to the list that thinks this needs to be changed. Plus, when you have a second keyboard activated (2nd language or emoji) the space bar becomes even smaller making it extremely difficult to search with the same speed and efficiency as before. If it stays like this my thumb will definitely need to retrain itself to move left a bit.
IMG_0117.PNG

xkmxkmxlmx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 28, 2011
Even if they just switched the .com and spacebar around I'd be happy.

That would solve it for me too, I think.

----------

Are you lefty? I think it comes down to whatever hand you normally hit the space bar with physically.

I love searching for "iOS.com7.comBeta.com2.comRelease.comDate"

Ha, that's perfect.

Trius

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2008
Agreed. I'd rather have the larger space bar and type '.com' myself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.