Do OWC ssd 3G 180g and 240g fit MBA 11" 2010?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by CHL858, Feb 27, 2012.

1. CHL858 macrumors newbie

I have used my MBA 11" late 2010 model for 18 months. The problem is that my storage is only 64gb that I planned to upgrade ssd later when I purchased the MBA.

I have checked how to upgrade ssd these days, and I found OWC Mercury Aura Pro Express 3G for 2010 air.

BUT, I am wondering whether 180g and 240g fit to my air or not. Actually, I know they will work fine in my air. I am not sure they are perfectly fit into my air because I have read some threads, and I found original ssd 256g of Toshiba and Samsung has 3.7mm height.

Is there anybody to tell me your experience using OWC ssd with late 2010 11" MBA, or upload pictures before and after upgrade ssd?

2. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

3. iSee macrumors 68040

iSee

One other thing: I've had a couple of good experiences talking to OWC sales on the phone: the people I talked to were very knowledgeable -- seemed to actually understand the products and were able to answer questions about them.

I can't promise you'll have the same experience I had, but it's worth calling them, IMO.

4. wraithlabs macrumors newbie

I purchased the 6G version for my 11" 2011 MBA and it installed with no problems. I had also heard things about it being a tight fit but I had no such problems.

5. CHL858 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much~

----------

Thank you:) Yeah I have even watched the video before. Very helpful for me.

----------

Yeah I hope I will experience as same as you. Thx :)