Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ozreth

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 5, 2009
So I am still weighing whether or not to stick with the standard resolution that I have.

I've decided that standard will be nice for gaming, although bumping up the resolution may not be TOO bad of an impact.

Having more screen real estate would be nice but I find the fonts too small, but I would probably get used to it.

So how about movies and pictuers? Will I see a quality improvement or does this not have much to do with resolution? Thanks : )

JoshGlzBrk

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2009
So I am still weighing whether or not to stick with the standard resolution that I have.

I've decided that standard will be nice for gaming, although bumping up the resolution may not be TOO bad of an impact.

Having more screen real estate would be nice but I find the fonts too small, but I would probably get used to it.

So how about movies and pictuers? Will I see a quality improvement or does this not have much to do with resolution? Thanks : )

It really depends on the video/image. If the video is a 480p video it will look worse on a higher resolution screen than it would on a lower one.

But if the video is in 1080p it's going to look better on the higher resolution because more detail is packed in there.

For the fonts you can always adjust the dpi but I find the fonts very easy to read on my 15" hires.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.