Do pre-ordered iPhones come with SIM cards?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by robots3humans0, Sep 3, 2012.

1. robots3humans0 macrumors 6502

As the title states.. do they?

I've never pre-ordered one but plan to for the upcoming iteration. I know they're carrier locked at release, but will it come with a SIM card for the carrier I order it for? I apologize if this is a stupid question but I tried searching/Google and got nothing.

2. Dennis187 macrumors regular

Dennis187

3. robots3humans0 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the quick reply. I had a feeling it would since that would mean having to go the carrier after I've got it, and that seems redundant.

4. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

If you order from AT&T the sim will be complete with your account info. A great time saving feature, just one call to auto activate & you're all set in less than two minutes. It's great.

5. robots3humans0 thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm in Canada so I'm not sure how our carriers do it. Changing SIMs is easy enough though.. just swap it online and the new one is active immediately.

I've had issues trying to buy a new iPhone from my carrier contract-free at or near the launch day. They typically try and reserve most of them for new contracts and only sell a small portion of their stock at outright prices.

6. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

The new iPhone will(or rumored to, whatever your preference), have a new smaller sim card. It will be likely that Canadian carriers will follow the same process as ATT