Do Republicans ever pay Income Tax?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by PracticalMac, Oct 3, 2016.

1. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Mitt Romney, Trump, who else?

...i should stop questioning Republican agendas and join them

/sarcasm.

Yes, its an exasperated joke at all the weirdness that's happening everywhere.

2. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Middle class is carrying the weight of the rich and the poor in the US.

3. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

The question should be rephrased to: Do upper class Republicans ever pay income tax?

Being a middle class republican, I definitely do. Wondering when my white privilege kicks in? ;)

4. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

I wish I made enough pay someone to find out all those tax loop holes. 1/3 of my pay goes to government. Anyone that plays the game and gets one over one government is a hero in my book.

5. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

6. v0lume4 macrumors 65816

v0lume4

7. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

8. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

If you're not getting free healthcare and free-ish education out of it, that's a lot. You should really get both for that price.

9. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

The problem with that theory is that the Government has to Collect X amount of taxes to run the country. If the Rich pay less the middle class and poor will pay more. Every time someone dodges their taxes someone else is making it up.

10. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Yeh the US is also 20 trillion in debt, so it doesn't sound like obligations are being funded.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 3, 2016 ---
    Give me 35% of the entire wealth of the nation and I'll pay 50% of the budget that leaves us in a 20 trillion dollar hole.

11. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

Would you applaud your roommate who didn't pay his share of the utility bills?

12. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

I'm simply amazed by the number of people who just learned that tax law is written for the rich by the rich.

In what world have they been living?

13. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

That would depend on how much electricity the roommate uses.

14. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

You need a better accountant.

15. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

The problem with taxes in the US in my opinion is there is a huge disconnect between me paying and what I get out of it.

When I pay my 30-40% tax in Canada I see my tax money getting used to pay for my health care, new books for my kids class etc. in the US my perception was that my money was quickly squandered on some **** pet project by politicians.

16. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Why is it that we are $20 trillion. Is it because the 1% isn't paying enough or irresponsible spending by the government.

17. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

Killing Brown people half way across the world in the cowardly manner we choose is an expensive endeavor.

18. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I'd say both. At the very least we should have a discussion about what we are willing to pay for and have everyone contribute to it and fund it fully. Having people pay nothing is just as bad in my opinion, when cash starts coming out of your paycheck you become more involved.

19. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

That would be another 1/3rd. No thanks. Federal taxes should be paid by the tax payer not their employer. Let them see the tax bill every quarter. If anything move the yearly filing date to November 7th that way they can remember on Election Day.

20. v0lume4 macrumors 65816

v0lume4

Sounds like the issue isn't the amount of money coming into our government each year, but rather the amount being spent by our government.

The current nickumpoops in office could raise taxes to 50% for all Americans and still find a way to end the year in a deficit.

21. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I'd rather see a a lower flat tax across everyone that we adjust on a yearly basis that fully funds our liabilities while chipping away at the debt in a responsible manner. No loopholes.

22. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

As someone who spends many billable hours scheming with my accountant every year to ensure that I pay the maximum amount in federal income tax, I too am outraged that Trump, Republicans, other politicians and rich people do not do the same.

23. v0lume4 macrumors 65816

v0lume4

Right on, man. Me and you both.

24. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

What difference does it make.

Is taxing them 80% of the income going to fix the misuse of taxes as we see today?

25. Dmunjal macrumors 65816