Do the 13 inch MBPs run considerably hotter than the 15 inch machines-using the 9400?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Whackintosh, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Whackintosh macrumors 6502

I've currently got a 2008 unibody 2:53 MBP and am seriously considering selling it to get the smaller 13 inch machine. Easier portability and tons better battery are the reasons for my considering the downgrade. Playing with the machines in my nearby Apple store, I'm getting the impression that the 13 inch machines are running much hotter than their 15 inch counterparts. Is this the case?

Also, how usable are apps like Final Cut Pro and Photoshop on the smaller 13 inch screen? 15 inches barely seems like enough for these kinds of programs.

2. andylyon macrumors 6502a

andylyon

Can't really comment on the applications you mentioned but my 13" MBP runs no hotter than the previous gen 15" I use at work.

AnDy

3. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

Usability is the same - they just look smaller. :D Seriously, it all depends on your eyesight.

That's what external monitors are for.

4. MrBrekke macrumors 6502

MrBrekke

MBP 13.3" nor really hot.

Hi there,

I can only speak from personal experience.
    My BMP 13.3" have only been hot 1 time since i got it and that was because i did not think to well and put it on my bed (Blocking the air flow) while watching a movie. But still it was not to hot. Just placed it on a flat workspace for 10 min and it was back to normal.

Might be different for others.

(Only had mine for 13 days) and my superdrive have never worked. But since apple is replacing the whole MBP i am happy.

Went from a 17" to this lovely 13.3" and i have never been more happy about that. Screen estate is something you get used to. Going from 15 to 13 is not much different.