Do the S3 Gold and Silver Aluminum watch have nickel?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by amozo, Sep 24, 2017.

1. amozo, Sep 24, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2017

amozo macrumors member

amozo

I am allergic to nickel and remember seeing on Apple's website this message regarding their S2 watches and below:

"Apple Watch models with a stainless steel, space gray aluminum, or rose gold aluminum case; the stainless steel portions of some Apple Watch bands; the metallic portions of the Hermès bands; and the magnets in the watch and bands, each contain some nickel. However, they all fall below the strict nickel restrictions set by European REACh regulation. Therefore, while nickel exposure is unlikely to be a problem, you should be aware of the possibility in case you're susceptible to nickel-related reactions."

Now the website says this...

"Apple Watch models with a stainless steel or an aluminum case, the stainless steel portions of some Apple Watch bands, the metallic portions of the Hermès bands, and the magnets in the watch and bands, each contain some nickel. However, they all fall below the strict nickel restrictions set by European REACH regulation. Therefore, while nickel exposure is unlikely to be a problem, you should be aware of the possibility in case you're susceptible to nickel-related reactions."

So my question is, is the Gold/Silver aluminum version not a wise choice for someone with a nickel allergy if going with the S3?

What about the SS hermes model? Does anyone with a nickel sensitivity have problems with the Hermes SS watch or just the regular SS watch?

2. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

The Hermes Watch is exactly the same, save some software, as the standard stainless watch.

Sounds like you may need the ceramic Edition model.

3. amozo thread starter macrumors member

amozo

Thanks! I also do well with the sbss and black sport band, which is what i've been wearing since the S0 came out.

4. edhchoe macrumors 6502a

edhchoe

The contacting surface is all of the ceramic portion where the sensors are in my case.