Do they have the watches out to check out in the store without personal appointment

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by antdub22, Apr 11, 2015.

1. antdub22 macrumors member

antdub22

i was wondering do they have the watches out on display .
    Like they do the other products. I dont want to swap bands or try diffrent ones on. I just want to play with a display unit to get a feel and see it in person. I looked at appointments and they are booked for a couple of days now

2. kingofwale macrumors 6502a

kingofwale

yes they do.. i spend about 30 minutes with one alone after my appointment.

3. Brett1203 macrumors 6502a

Brett1203

4. kingofwale macrumors 6502a

kingofwale

my local store also have them by the side wall... a place where the new Macbook should be (and not)

5. antdub22 thread starter macrumors member

antdub22

thanks , i was wondering . I already preorder Space Grey Sport 42mm ship date 4/24-5/8 . i just want to see one in person is all. and get the touch and feel of it .

Are they om loop demo mode?? or can you navigate it yourself?

6. Brett1203 macrumors 6502a

Brett1203

From what everyone has said seems a demo mode only

7. kingofwale macrumors 6502a

kingofwale

it's actual demo model (not loop videos). but it's fixed on the desk, so you can't put them on your wrists (no idea why, it seems stupid to me).

I was able to check out every single icon there (or at least those I cared about).

but it's very limited, Apple store was dead when I was there during noon time yesterday, but expect to fight over people to check them out on weekend

8. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

you can play with the watch a bit.... but only what the demo mode allows.

i played around with the watch faces, it opens a fake message, calendar, favorites, etc screen.

9. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Theft perhaps?

10. antdub22 thread starter macrumors member

antdub22

yep ill be going to the apple store within a few hours to check it out then
    Cool !

11. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

Do they have the watches out to check out in the store without personal appoi...

I'm generally positive on the Apple Watch but am somewhat cynical about the way the watches are nailed down in the store, suspect it is awaiting an OS performance update. They have plenty of other small expensive items that are merely tethered. Also, the try-on models ARE in a demo loop. I'm afraid they don't want people playing with the OS in real life mode just yet.

12. BSben macrumors 6502a

The display model lets you feel the back of the Watch, which is nice as the ones used for the try on session run a demo loop that doesn't feature the feeling of the 'tap on the wrist', the ones on display let you feel it.

13. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

That's possible. But I'm not sure how nice it would be to have watch displayed like phone. Would you get a good feeling of the thing on your wrist? Would it still require a store employee standing there wiping down each watch after someone tried it on? This certainly will be a learning experience for Apple in terms of what works best.

14. antdub22 thread starter macrumors member

antdub22

just got back from the apple store . Tried the 42mm sport and stainless steel
    the sport band is soft and feels good. I also loved the leather loop in black . will also have to buy that one. didnt have an appointment but they slid me right in . the watches were powered up but they had one that was and played around with the UI . seemed easy to use . i like it cant wait .

15. leesweet macrumors demi-god

leesweet

Strange, the try-on I had (two 42 SS models) had the 'notification' vibration working. It may have been separate from the demo loop. Perhaps the associate triggered it? She mentioned it specially to tell me that's what it was but I recognized it, of course.

I'm wondering if the better associates are adding useful things to their own demos, perhaps... Wonder how much flexibility they have.