Do they make an adapter to convert a firewire cord to one that works on 3g?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by michael31986, Sep 26, 2008.

1. michael31986 macrumors 68030

I have a wire in my car but I want to be able to charge my iPhone to it. The wire used tonchsrge my iPhone but since the new one doesn't have firewire or whatever it's called is their a small adapter I can buy. I could have sworn I saw one on here.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Nope. I don't believe that it charges over FireWire anymore.

3. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

The small charger you were thinking of...it wasn't the one that was recalled for safety reasons?

When Apple introduced USB with the iPods Firewire was doomed. For a while you could still charge but later iPod generations couldn't sync data.

I guess you'll need to change the cable in your car.

4. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

You want the USB to Firewire converter for iPod http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/news/comments/ridax-offering-iphone-3g-charge-converter/, so it will charge over Firewire (as the block converts it to USB (5V)).

TEG

5. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

For about $20, you can get a Belkin charger that is a cigarette lighter to USB adapter and a cord that goes from USB to the dock adapter plug on the iPhones/iPods. It basically works like a standard car charger, but you can use the USB to dock cord on a computer (like I do sometimes at work).

If this is what you're talking about, hope it helps. If you're talking about something a lot more spiffy that was installed or something, can't help you.