Do u guys think it's gonna be a zoo at the local Apple Store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rgarjr, Jun 17, 2009.

1. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I wouldn't mind cruising down to the apple store on Friday just to check out the scene and the new toy.

2. dagomike macrumors 65816

It will probably be busy all weekend, but the chaos will be in the morning. It's all relative. I'd expect it to be much quieter than other iDays, but that's still something I try to avoid.

3. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

I just went into the Boulder Apple store and the guy told me someone just asked if they can camp out tonight.

It may not be a strong indication, look at the dude who lined up a week early for the pre.

4. wr1020 macrumors regular

I'm sure it depends on location, metropolitan areas will probably be extremely busy. I have 8 apple stores in a 25 mile radius of me and i'll bet all of them will be busy. Not saying they won't have enough phones since they probably will receive many of them but i bet they'll be very busy.

5. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

I preordered this time, but I was at the 1st 2, and they were awesome. I think I'm gonna go check it out, but this time without no pressure because I will always have my phone. The excitement in the lines is worth the trip.

6. azsprty macrumors 6502

I have never done this. I want a 32 gig so im hoping if i get there at 4am i will be fine

7. SirReel macrumors newbie

Before today's announcement from AT&T I would have said no. But now that pretty much every early adopter gets the discount, and it's way too late to order online for delivery, I would say zoo just might be an understatement :eek:

8. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

I was at the :apple: Store in Manhattan Beach this afternoon, and it was a zoo. The Genius I was with said that it had been busy all week, but today was understandably worse. MBPs are still flying off the shelves, added to all the people who couldn't figure out how to upgrade the OS, which meant lines for Geniuses and Associates today (I made my app't Monday).

I'm betting Friday will be an absolute madhouse. :eek:

9. rgarjr thread starter macrumors 603

rgarjr

Do u guys think they'll have the 3Gs out on display though?

10. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

The Apple Store is a zoo regardless of what's goin on...I was at mine 2 weeks ago and it was jam packed, on a Tuesday night at 8:00PM.

11. azsprty macrumors 6502

BLAHHH dont say that. I have the 16 gig reserved and what the 32 now so the apple genius says I have to get in the non reserved line....now i NO clue when to show...arrrggg....i just want to make sure i get a phone

12. newyorksole macrumors 68020

Yeah this weekend is definitely gonna be crazy in the NY Metro area.

13. eh270 macrumors regular

Yes but there will likely be a line to try it out. I live in New York, and waltzed into the 24 hour apple store the Sunday after the original 2G launch and there were no lines and plenty of iPhones... so your best bet might be to go later in the day when the dust has settled.. but of course, it might be fun to witness the excitement.

14. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

of course they will

apple always puts new visuals out

15. optophobia macrumors 6502a

optophobia

only the high paying ones which most are NOT

16. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Yes, which is why I pre-ordered a phone through AT&T (Apple's method wonked out on me). Now it comes to my door in a box instead of me driving X miles and battling the impatient (me) and the uber-crazy fanboys.

17. SirReel macrumors newbie

I guess what I should have said was that now that AT&T has changed their rules and everyone who bought a 3G within the first 3 months is now eligible for the fully subsidized 99/199/299 pricing, I suspect that quite a few more people will be heading to apple / at&t stores on Friday than were planning on it even yesterday.