Do we expect to much from the iP5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Marco123, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Marco123 macrumors 6502a

I received my ip5 and it is absolutely perfect, it has no dings, no scuffs, no light-bleed and no dead pixels.
    But it has the tiniest speck of dust in the camera housing although I am 100% happy with my new phone simply because these things are mass-produced and not hand-built with the precision of something like an aston martin car.
    Does anyone else think that we are expecting to much from apple to produce these phones or is it becuase the phone is produced so cheap and yet sold for such a high premium?

2. mac.fanatic macrumors 6502

I honestly think people are not satisfied with their iPhone 5 because of Apple's history of almost flawless products and their reputation.

I went to my local Apple store and looked at all of the iPhone 5 phones that were on display. I had in mind all of the defects that people were complaining about so I was expecting these phones to be all scratched up since hundreds of people touch these display phones everyday. I admit, the black coating on the band was scratching off and revealing the silver band, however, the scratches were so trivial that someone would need to have a magnifying glass to look at all of them.

My reaction was just "It's a phone." Get an Otterbox if you want to keep the device in mint condition. Apple's products overall in the past have been somewhat flawless, but come on guys - everyone is human. We all make mistakes. If you really want a "flawless" phone, y'all should know never to buy anything on launch day. Wait about a month or two for the company to hear its feedback and criticism from the consumers.