Do we need another 9/11?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mactastic, Aug 15, 2007.

1. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Conservative columnist Stu Bykofsky apparently thinks so.

And it seems like the righty wingnut-o-sphere agrees.

If John Kerry had said this what would FOX and Drudge be saying about him?

2. Aea macrumors 6502a

Aea

Jeez what's your problem? Fox is only trying to compensate for years of liberal bias in the media :mad::mad:

I can't believe that some people actually think terrorist attacks could do a good thing, after their own party ****ed it up royally after 9/11.

3. mactastic thread starter macrumors 68040

mactastic

My problem is with people who think a terrorist attack on Americans would be a Good Thing because it would boost their political party's standing. :mad::mad:

4. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

What f***ing idiot. The reason we aren't still united is because Bush and friends decided to do a number of things that angered at least half of us. Part of it was the war, the other part was his social meddling and demonization of certain citizens, and also his injecting religion into politics. It was also the fact that Bush didn't go after the real enemy. Gee- it doesn't take a genius.

5. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

I imagine anyone even slightly to the left of center would be dealing with frozen assets and an investigation into possible terrorist ties. Which is what should be done when people make these types of threats.

Like when Trent Lott warned people to get out of DC until September 12...

link (i know not the best source)

6. mactastic thread starter macrumors 68040

mactastic

That's why I don't like Rove, not because he was "successful". His tactics were to divide and conquer. Use people's anger issues to split the nation such that his side got 50% plus 1.

Particularly after Bush came to office promising to "change the partisan tone" in Washington.

7. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I'm glad I saw the white text before I decided to go off on you. Saved both our time :D

Anyways, I'll do it for Keith...."Stu Bykofsky, today's worst person in the world!"

And one more thing....if there was an attack on Wrigley Field that would be the first time America cared about the Cubs since the last time they won the world series which was what.....back when dinosaurs roamed the earth? :D :D :D

8. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

Let's see if we make it through another hurricane season first shall we.

I can't wait to see FEMA in action again!

9. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

Ummm...the Democrats use the "divide and conquer" method as well. I fail to see your point... :confused:

10. steamboat26 macrumors 65816

steamboat26

Sounds like an amazing plan, just what we need to get the military industrial complex back into "Reagan" gear :rolleyes:
    All another 9/11 would lead to is more military invasions and more U.S. investment in weapons systems we don't need, and will probably never use. Rather than spend billions of dollars fixing social security, or creating universal health, or improving education, or doing something about climate change; the government chooses to invest in multi-billion dollar weapons systems that aren't necessary.
    We would be united for about 5 minutes until we invaded another country.

11. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

We wouldn't stand behind him this time. We'd blame him for not doing what we (some of us, not me) thought we reelected him for. Just like we did after Katrina. And now with Iraq. The only reason we stood behind him then (which I admit, at the time I did) was because we thought he'd do something. He did the wrong things and, as said, pissed all that unity away.

A talking head on Fox was agreeing with this joker, then went on to make fun of Jon Stewart's heartfelt post-9/11 comment. I agree, if a lib had said this, it would be all over the "liberal" media. Neocons have been saying this for years (O'Reily for one) and we don't even notice much anymore. Despite the minor controversies among bloggers, I guess no one is surprised.

12. mactastic thread starter macrumors 68040

mactastic

When has a Democrat as prominent as Rove insinuated that the opposition party supports the enemies of America?

13. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Dems say Bush is doing a bad job and some website no one visits compared him to Hitler, which is obviously the same thing.

Wait for it...

:rolleyes:

14. takao macrumors 68040

takao

actually on the 11.9. i said that "the US will hopefully finally thinks about what's wrong about their foreign policies and change them but more likely use it as excuse to invade whatever country they want"

i guess it will be similiar the next time a terroristic attack happens in the US no matter the party in charge
    i guess it takes a lot more casulties on the american side to change anything

15. juanm macrumors 65816

I don't know if you need or deserve it, but you'll have another one, no matter what you do.
    I predict it'll probably happen on a Tuesday around mid-September.

Sorry :eek:

16. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

No, we don't need another 9/11...because we couldn't handle 2 more wars, one where we attack the people who attacked us, and a 4th to draw attention away from the fact we can't find the people who originally attacked us.

17. juanm macrumors 65816

18. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

The only new 911 we need in the U.S. would be made by Porsche.

19. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

I agree, we are going to get it whether we like it or not. As a Spaniard I'm sure you know how insidious and misguided terrorism is.

20. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I like your thinking :D

I want a 911 to happen right in my driveway!

21. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

Wait...are we talking about Apple Special Events or terrorist attacks...? :confused: :p

22. juanm macrumors 65816

Yep... Although in the case of Islamic extremism I'd say it's much worse. Basque terrorists have little to complain by comparison. I mean, They're free to vote, an already very extended autonomy, lots of money... One of the negociators who took part in the Irish conflict was asked to help here. After seeing what was going on, he said that the basque conflict cannot be solved, because there isn't any conflict at all.

Middle East, on the other hand, has everything needed to explode. Lots of people, Islam (not the most tolerant religion, let alone if it's over-interpreted), misery, a Cause (Palestina), an enemy (Israel, and thus, the US), a violent recent history, scarce freedom...
    Egypt is very stable, compared to other countries, and yet, it's still very very far from being a democracy. I wonder what will happen when Mobarak dies.

By the way I'm half French and half Spanish. That means I'm arrogant and lazy :p

23. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

Mon Dieu, Amigo, good post.
    I wish more Americans could travel through the world to open their minds up to what is really going on out there and get some fresh perspective.