do y'all think the laminated screen and viewing distance …

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Yr Blues, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Yr Blues macrumors 68020

… make up for the lack of retina?

The laminated screen, like on the iPhone 5, makes the content sit on top of the display unlike the 9.7" iPad

And the viewing distance is further than the iPhone, so you won't be seeing the pixels as badly as the iPhone 3GS

of course the ipad mini 2 will have retina

2. DoctorYuyi macrumors member

It's not as good as retina display, but it's definitely far better than any average display out there.

It probably won't. Don't mistake what you want for what is actually possible. Right now, it is pretty much impossible to make an iPad Mini with retina because you can't fit what you need into the device without making it exceptionally thick (abit thicker than the iPad 4.) This technology probably won't advance enough in the next year to put retina in the iPad mini.

iPad Mini 3 will most likely have it.

3. Yr Blues thread starter macrumors 68020

the iphone 5 has retina, exactly double the PPI of the ipad mini

you, my friend, are talking out you're derrière :D

4. jsh macrumors regular

the iPhone 5 also has a much smaller screen size than the mini. I don't doubt that the mini will eventually get retina, but it comes down to increasing power efficiency and battery technology to the point where it can fit in the mini's form factor.

5. DoctorYuyi macrumors member

No, I am not. Look up any article where someone knows what they're talking about. Screen size, buddy.

6. Yr Blues thread starter macrumors 68020

ipad mini has a larger structure where a larger battery can easily fit

7. DoctorYuyi macrumors member