Do you believe that the Genius Support you receive on your iPhone is sub-par...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by The Californian, Jul 1, 2009.

?

Do you believe that the Genius Support you receive on your iPhone is sub-par compared

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    19.2%
  2. No

21 vote(s)
    80.8%
  1. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Do you believe that the Genius Support you receive on your iPhone is sub-par compared to the Genius Support you receive with a Mac?

I have been a long time Apple customer, purchasing several computers, iPods and an iPhone 3G last year. I have come to realize that for me personally I experience very sub-standard Genius Support for my iPhone compared to the service with say, my Macbook Pro. I kind of feel like the service I receive when I have an iPhone issue is like the service I would receive if I were a kid complaining about my toy at Toys R Us.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

2. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

C. More information needed.

My iPhone(s) havn't been problem devices, so I havn't had to be at the genius bar more than twice. The one time I had an issue with the vibrate function on my jailbroken and unlocked (on tmo) phone I had it replaced within 48 hours. The other time my USB cable begin to fray, they checked my serials, checked the water sensors and sent me on my way with a brand new cable.

Did you have a particularly complex issue? Are you talking about issues with the OS? Most tech support i've used suck for actual OS/software so thats why I come to forums when I need help, but for hardware issues (usually repair/replace) apple is great across the board.

3. diabolic macrumors 68000

How old are you, and how do you go about getting support? I've found that how someone acts can seriously affect the way they are treated.

I'm not saying you do anything wrong. I am just making an observation from experience.

I've received the same excellent support for my iPhone as I have for several Macs.

4. alexmadison macrumors member

alexmadison

I think they sell more Iphones than Mac's, maybe there is not enough genius to go around:confused:

5. Apple Guru macrumors member

I've always like their support. I go in with a problem with my iPhone and walk out with a new one. How can you beat that? :rolleyes:

6. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

I've always had great experiences with the Apple Geniuses

7. andreab35 macrumors 6502a

andreab35

I've had quality service at the Genius Bar with my iPhone, as well as my Mac.
    I just got my iPhone replaced yesterday because of a battery issue. The Genius I had was extremely nice and considerate. He replaced my iPhone right away.

8. Sam21 macrumors member

Always has excellent service whenever I've been in.

Plus the girls are hot!

9. ibuyufo macrumors 6502

I hate going to the genius bar. I'd much rather go to the dentist and have my tooth pulled out. You have to prove to them that you're not crazy or seeing yellow screen.

10. The Californian thread starter macrumors 68040

The Californian

Here's the FULL story.