Do you believe the IRS lost Lois Lerners emails about illegally targeting US Citizens

Do you believe the IRS lost Lois Lerners emails about illegally targeting US Citizens

• Yes

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Just find me the people who said yes, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'm selling...

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hieveryone

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
USA
The IRS has been targeting US Citizens based on their personal beliefs in an attempt to [INSERT YOUR REASON HERE].

Congress has launched an investigation.

They are demanding to see emails Lois Lerner, the IRS official in charge, sent during this period of mass targeting.

The IRS says it lost those emails :mad:

Last edited:

ucfgrad93

macrumors P6
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I don't believe it for a second. Pretty much the only thing that comes out of D.C. or politicians in general are lies.

Mousse

macrumors 68020
Apr 7, 2008
Flea Bottom, King's Landing
To paraphrase Billy "I didn't inhale" Clinton, it depends on what you mean by "lost."

Merrian-Webster gives two applicable definition:
1) unable to be found
2) no longer held, owned, or possessed

I don't think it was lost in the first sense, but I do believe it is lost in the second sense. A government agency renowned for it's meticulous record keeping misplacing a document? Sure, I buy excuse.:rolleyes:

G51989

macrumors 68030
Feb 25, 2012
NYC NY/Pittsburgh PA
The IRS has been targeting US Citizens based on their beliefs in an attempt to destroy them and their voice :mad:

Congress has launched an investigation.

They are demanding to see emails Lois Lerner, the IRS official in charge, sent during this period of mass targeting.

The IRS says it lost those emails :mad:
Is there any proof of the IRS trying to " destroy US citizens " ?

Last edited:

Renzatic

Suspended
Is there any proof of the IRA trying to " destroy US citizens " ?
The Irish are involved too? Oh damn! This is getting all kinds of out of hand!

Serious note time! Do I believe the IRS were trying to "destroy US citizens"? No. The original intention were to look at nonprofit political organizations, and see if they were cheating with their status.

Do I believe they might've gone a little too partisan with their scrutiny? Yeeeahhh, it seems that way. They did look at some democrat and independent organizations, but from what I understand (which isn't much, I'll admit), republican nonprofits were more heavily targeted.

Do I believe Lois Lerner lost the emails? Oh hell no. If there is one government organization known for its efficiency, it'd be the IRS. If they were lost, she probably made a conscious effort to lose them.

Last edited:

tshrimp

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2012
Anyone involved with IT knows those emails are not "Lost". There is usually onsite backups, and tape (or other) backups that are stored off site.

----------

Can you show a source?
Are you being funny? You want him to "source" his citizenship?

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
Gourd City
Ask the NSA to provide their copies...
Done:
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/06/congressman-asks-nsa-to-provide-metadata-for-lost-irs-e-mails/

Representative Steve Stockman (R-TX) has sent a formal letter to the National Security Agency asking it to hand over “all its metadata” on the e-mail accounts of a former division director at the Internal Revenue Service.

“Your prompt cooperation in this matter will be greatly appreciated and will help establish how IRS and other personnel violated rights protected by the First Amendment,” Stockman wrote on Friday.

citizenzen

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2010
While I don't believe the IRS really lost the email, I do think your depiction of the problem is a straw man ...

The IRS has been targeting US Citizens based on their beliefs in an attempt to destroy them and their voice :mad:

----------

Anyone involved with IT knows those emails are not "Lost". There is usually onsite backups, and tape (or other) backups that are stored off site.
My understanding as well.

Hieveryone

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
USA
While I don't believe the IRS really lost the email, I do think your depiction of the problem is a straw man ...
Well my main point is that it seems highly unlikely the IRS lost the emails.

They are saying that because they likely have stuff to hide which will go against them if revealed.

citizenzen

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2010
They are saying that because they likely have stuff to hide which will go against them if revealed.
Such as their intent to destroy all that is conservative.

When there's a Republican president, do you think they'll continue trying to destroy conservatives?

Hieveryone

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
USA
Such as their intent to destroy all that is conservative.

When there's a Republican president, do you think they'll continue trying to destroy conservatives?
Dude NO WAY! A conservative wouldn't turn on a conservative IMO. Why would i.e. the Koch Brothers target themselves lol.

They're trying to buy America with their 100 billion or whatever. Ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.