Do you buy for work or for play? (or a mix of both)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by William Payne, Jun 2, 2019.

1. William Payne macrumors 6502a

Every year or every release we get another "Waiting for...." thread. Seems to be a lot of people waiting for the next big thing. I don't really care to be honest it all depends on the user.

I have gone full on work mode for a while now so nearly everything I buy is brought under the pretence of "how can this be used for work?"

This has put me in a position where when making purchases I am generally in a situation where I need it now to serve a function.

For those of you who don't need things now and are willing to wait, how does it impact your workflow? For me waiting 6 months, a year or more is a long time that could other wise be spent making the most of what is available now and getting a lot of work done.

2. Hieveryone macrumors 68040

I use my MacBook Pro for many different things such as notes, calculator, Youtube, and so on.

I don't use the processing power much, so it is under-utilized.

But I'd like to get into artificial intelligence or something so I can enjoy the power of this device.

3. pshufd macrumors 6502a

I bought my 2014 for work and personal. Then I received a work 2015 13. But I mainly used my 2014. Then I bought a 2015 15. Now I use the 2014 for personal, the 2015 for work, and rarely use the 13.

4. DougFNJ macrumors 65816

DougFNJ

I use mine for both work and personal and heavily mix in my iPad Pro.

For work, I work on a remote server for reporting, Microsoft Office using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, I regularly use email, web, so much better than carrying around my MacBook Pro and a windows Laptop and glad my company lets me do it this way.

For personal I use it for internet, email, messaging, personal projects, backups, and Final Cut Pro X for YouTube projects I do.

Then my iPad Pro works so well for in between, if I’m not needing a larger screen and major multitasking, I use it 90% when I’m on the road.

5. MrGunnyPT macrumors 6502

MrGunnyPT

Work and Leisure as in vídeo watching and news reading.

For play I use a PS4/Switch and a Gaming PC