Do you enjoy the 4 inch screen of the SE?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bwe200, May 12, 2016.

1. bwe200 macrumors newbie

I have iPhone 6 and I like to watch TV series and movies on it sometimes.
    The thing is, I would very much prefer a phone that I can use with one hand for general tasks.
    For those of you who made that move, do you enjoy watching videos on the SE or is it a totally different experience?

2. catean macrumors regular

It's totally different. For your use case I would not recommend it. IPhone SE is more for people that have an IPad @ home and only use the phone as a phone and quick on the go information device.

3. bufffilm macrumors 601

bufffilm

Unless you have a 6S plus, the experience of watching a movie on your phone will be totally different then on your laptop/desktop/iPad.

For short videos/YouTube stuff...it's fine, I think on a 4" screen. But I would think twice to watch tv shows on my 6s, even.

Save that for your Mini/full size iPad .

4. ACG12 macrumors 6502a

Not really, but that's what I have my Air 2 for.

5. MrGuder macrumors 68020

What is it with these brand new members asking such ridiculous questions...you have an iPhone 6 and like to watch videos on it, so your not a candidate for the SE...why make a post about it, can't you just use your iPhone 6 and be happy? Stop worrying about how others are using the SE.

6. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I freak out when the Apple Geek hands me their tiny little phone to type in my email address. Can not imagine watching TV and movies on it.:confused:

7. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

LOL. "omg omg what is this thing? Do you have a magnifying glass I can use? I can't see what I'm typing!!!!"

8. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I think you hoodie is on too tight!:p

9. osta.doc macrumors member

I have no problem with watching a movie on my SE, but sure, a 60" would be better, but it won't fit in my pocket.

10. imanidiot Suspended

I know I'm setting myself up for abuse, but every time I see a thread about watching movies on one's phone, I just shake my head in amazement. I would never, ever, consider watching a movie on my phone, any more than I would consider watching a movie through a telescope. I just find it astounding that people do this (and I know that they do). But...

11. Rayy42 macrumors 6502

Rayy42

It's crazy to see how the tech world grows and adapts to the new products that are released.

Just a few years ago we all were content using 4 inch screens. Now I don't think I could go back from my 6s Plus.

12. osta.doc macrumors member

Who asked you to? I get it, you think it's stupid, that's OK.

Sometimes at lunch, I just slap on the old headphones and escape reality for a while. It's not perfect.......but it's pretty nice, as I have an UDP.

13. rexboe macrumors regular

rexboe

Returned after one day back to my 6s plus

14. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

While I loved the size of the SE and how I could toss it in my pocket and forget about it, I have grown accustomed to the 4.7" screen. I ended up selling the SE after using it over a weekend and went back to my 6s. I really prefer the keyboard on the 4.7" 6/6s than I do the 4" screen. Makes texting much easier (for me at least).

15. MikeTheVike macrumors regular

If you are taking about watching movies, what is the difference between watching on a 6S plus and watching on an SE while holding it a little closer to your face?

16. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Altair's hoodie is never too tight! this is the way of the brotherhood of assassins. :p

17. JayIsAwesome macrumors 65816

JayIsAwesome

I prefer to watch movies on my 4K. But there are times where I watch movies on my phone, like if I'm on a long family road trip (and I'm not driving) I usually break out my iPhone & fire up Netflix or see what's on iTunes. It's just a way to pass the time. Or if I'm at my job and I'm on break, I'll fire up Hulu and watch Supernatural or something

18. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

LOL! Ok assassin!

19. Jetro macrumors regular

Jetro

I used to watch a lot of movies on my iPhone 5s until I got an iPad. It wasn't bad. I think Apple puts good speakers in iPhones and the screens are sharp so it didn't bother me much. It is easy to hold.