Do you ever accidentally click the bottom of the home screen and go to the next page?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TH55, Feb 21, 2015.

1. TH55, Feb 21, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2015

TH55 macrumors 68030

I consistently do this on my 6, extremely annoying. When I go to click a bottom row app it clicks the space below the bottom row instead going to the next page of apps and then selects an app from that page. So frustrating.

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

No, I don't have this problem. Do you lack good hand-eye coordination because I can't imagine clicking on those instead of smack dab in the middle of the intended app? They sit halfway between the bottom row of apps and the dock so avoiding them should be rather easy to do.

3. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

Nope. Never. I hardly ever even notice that they are there.

4. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

I would think so too, it's only happened on the 6. Maybe because this space is increased?

5. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

I actually didn't even realize that those dots did anything but tell you which page of apps you're on, so no, I can say with certainty that I haven't hit them by accident before.

6. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

7. sunking101 macrumors 604

sunking101

Once I think. I've mis-hit links on webpages way more frequently with my butter fingers.

8. tiartrop macrumors regular

I'm lost, which dot you're talking about??

9. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

Never touched them. I've had every iPhone model and didn't even know they did anything. :cool:

10. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Wow, two regulars since 2009/2010 who've been unaware of this.

Another tip: Hitting the lower right hand corner of the screen above the dock also flips the page to the right. Likewise, the lower left hand corner of the screen above the dock flips the page to the left.

11. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

So it's not the dots, its the whole space. I've edited my op, this makes it an even bigger flaw. Why would they implement this? When would anyone want to tap a random area to go to the next page when they already have a gesture that does this - swiping right.

12. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

So you're flicking it by accident? I don't have this problem either so it's not a "flaw."

13. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Because it's easier (less reach of a thumb) and quicker (just a tap). It's a shortcut that's been there for a long long time. Just because you don't find this useful and actually somehow manage to accidentally invoke it when the vast majority never do, doesn't make an actual feature used by various people a flaw. Seems like the flaw is in how you end up using it.

14. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

No, it only requires being touched.

15. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

Flaw? I don't think that it's a problem for most users. Just one more way to turn the page. Some users, like myself, didn't even notice it. I don't really see how you're consistently hitting it by accident unless you're trying to tap icons with your eyes closed.

16. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Either way, the vast majority of us do not turn the page by accident either by flicking or touching the dots or the area immediately above the dock.

17. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Its a rather small area that activates it too now that I played around it some more. Rather hard to do it accidentally.

18. EM2013 macrumors 65816

EM2013

Never noticed this.

As for the op, I've never turned the page by accident either.

19. ron7624 macrumors 68020

ron7624

I've never done this unintentionally, I have however done it to go to the next screen. I don't think it's a flaw, but a valid shortcut without having to flick.

20. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

A flaw is a defect. The thing you are complaining about is a feature. Just because I you don't like it doesn't make it wrong or bad.

Because having options is a good thing. They have a function where you tap a specific area and it takes you to the next page, makes sense to me! If you don't like the function, don't use it.