Do you ever accidentally take a screenshot?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TH55, Oct 16, 2012.

1. TH55 macrumors 68030

I do this accidentally far more than I do deliberately.

It's a nice feature for certain occasions but I can't say I use it very often.

I accidentally trigger it frequently when I hit the home button to exit an app and then hit the sleep button right after. Often I don't notice I've done it until I open my photos and see an all black image or a picture of my home screen.

I know there is a tweak to disable the feature altogether but I still like to have it for when I need it, such as capturing a texting conversation or a picture on a site that does not permit you to save or copy it.

What would be a good solution to this?

2. BoricuaHec01 macrumors 6502

Umm, I don't really know how you end up accidentally hitting the home and sleep button at the same time. Exit the app, wait a half a second, then hit sleep button.

3. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Yes I've done it around half a dozen times or more. But now the home button on my iP4 actually works so infrequently (less than 1/5 times I push it) that this no longer is a problem.

4. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

I never have, but my wife does often. Not really sure how she does it accidentally, but she does.

5. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

do you hit the home button and go to lock it at almost the exact same time?

6. pnoyblazed macrumors 6502a

I've done it too.. and when you check the camera roll it shows either the lock screen or just a black screen

7. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

I only do it all the time...or accidentally hit the camera when pulling it out of my pocket and taking a picture of the ground

8. pgiguere1 macrumors 68020

pgiguere1

I do this quite often as well.

I've always found it funny that it's so hard to do a screenshot on a Mac, yet so easy (too easy?) on an iPhone.

9. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Train yourself to use the same hand to exit the app and sleep the phone.

10. nlkccom macrumors 6502a

11. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Ur finger-brain interface is on auto-pilot. The trick is to introduce a delay, a disruption, even delete that auto-pilot and let your brain re-learn/reprogram a new script with a new timing.

When I tell that to my GF she gives me the "you are suck a geek" look. BUT that's what it is! That's a much more satisfying answer to me than "well just be careful not to push..." :D

12. marsmissions macrumors 6502

marsmissions

13. biohead macrumors 6502

All the time.

Mainly happens when I pull it out of my pocket in my jeans, I must knock the power button as I pull it out, and I usually use the home button to turn the screen on.

14. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

The only time this happens to me is when I'm trying to do a hard reset of the phone.

15. sdyoyo macrumors member

16. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Occasionally while trying to do a hard reset but I don't think I've ever done it accidentally apart from that.

17. gentlefury macrumors 68030

my gf is always accidentally activating Siri and I have no idea how.

18. iF34R macrumors 6502a

iF34R

I've done it just before deleting text messages I didn't want anyone to see. When someone looked at my pics that were "streamed", I got into a little trouble lol.

19. UHFrank macrumors member

UHFrank

sometimes my phone lags when i hit the lock/unlock button on top, then i quickly go to the home button, by the time i hit the home button the screen comes on, and i accidentally take a screen shot

20. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

Yes, I've had it happen a few times.

Often the picture is blank, because the phone has turned off the screen by the time it actually takes the screenshot.

21. Looon macrumors 6502a

Looon

Yeah I totally accidentally took a picture of this girl a few times too and I was like stupid iPhone. She didn't even believe me

22. jer9542 macrumors member

occasionally, but I find it often happens I'm taking it out of my pocket, or vice-versa .

23. s15119 macrumors 65816

s15119

I do it occasionally. My best solution is to delete the errant photo and move on.