Do You Ever Think...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LeighAnna Jones, Feb 19, 2012.

1. LeighAnna Jones macrumors 6502

Do you ever think that the wonderful, grand iPhone will ever come to a small, decrepit little place like U.S. Cellular?

Yes?
    No?

I mean, wouldn't it be good to expand the marketing?
    It would be good for me too.

I just want an iPhone.
    :(

Any... ideas on the next big launch for the iPhone onto another carrier?

2. DroidRules macrumors 65816

Change carrier. Problem solved.... You certainly didn't need to post this twice.

3. Enjoylife1788 macrumors 6502a

Get an unlocked iPhone.. U solve both the issues. Don't have to leave carrier and can still use iPhone..

4. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Honestly, I don't think about it but I'm with Verizon and have no intention of every using US Cellular. If you want it then get everyone you can to pressure them to carry it. Polling us here about what we think doesn't accomplish anything.

I don't work for Apple's marketing. Expanding the marketing isn't something that concerns me.

5. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

I feel your pain TC.

I'm actually one of the VERY few people that really like Sprint and I am a loyal 10+ year customer with them and have been waiting for years for the Iphone to come.

and finally it did!

6. BiggAW macrumors 68020

Maybe. C-Spire got it, who knows who else will. If you want it that bad, switch to another carrier that has it. However, Apple charges a LOT for it, and USCC is smartly spending money on LTE upgrades instead.

Unlocked obviously won't work, since the iPhone somehow has CDMA blocked, and USCC won't activate random CDMA devices.

7. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

US Cellular turned down the iPhone they said they werent willing to pay such a high subsidy on a non-LTE device but were willing to pick it up when it does receive the LTE feature.On another note does anyone on here use C-Spire?I've noticed Apple doesnt mention it on their site and you can't even order C-Spire iPhone on apple online store

8. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

And Apple doesn't forget these kinds of things. A small company like US Cellular turning down the iPhone once pretty much means theyre never getting it. The reason Verizon is an exception is because they're carry such a massive market share.

9. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

This is true time will tell,I mean look at T-Mobile they are begging for the iPhone yet they dont have it.Im aware of the AWS frequency the 4S has the MDM6610 baseband which supports AWS so I wouldnt take anything off the table yet

10. JMies419 macrumors 6502

Loyal 10+ year Sprint customer here as well. When the announcement was made that Sprint was getting the iPhone I joked with friends that I had been "waiting my whole life for this moment". Sprint data speeds may not be that great but my plan is and I can deal with it. Could not be happier.

11. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

Once sprint has LTE your loyalty will be rewarded

12. BiggAW macrumors 68020

They'll still be overpriced and have a ****** network, but I'm guessing JMies419 has a grandfathered plan that's a decent deal given the state of Sprint's network.

13. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

The thing with TMO is we would actually have to have a change, or an addition, to the GSM antenna. US Cellular could get the iPhone without having to physicaly change a thing on current models. I personally don't buy that Apple is going to skip over US cellular just because they didn't want the 4S this year. At the end of the day, the more carriers have the iPhone, the better it is for Apple in the long run.

14. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

Why would the T-Mobile version require a change to the Antenna?US Cellular will most certainly get it when it has LTE I doubt apple would say no if the purchase was large enough

15. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

I do believe Sprint turned down the Apple for many years, and they still got it.

16. BiggAW macrumors 68020

For AWS, but I would think that PCS is close enough to the 1700 band, and it already supports the 2100 band, which, while totally different from the Euro 2100 band, does overlap, so the antenna tuning would be the same.

17. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

Exactly my point if the Baseband chip inside the phone supports the band but is just inactive I don't see why it would difficult for Apple to allow it to work on that 3G frequency.It's ridiculous that the FCC didn't make sure there was uniformity in the wireless market.

I dont think so I think sprint wanted it just as badly as T-Mobile wants it.Dan Heese made that VERY clear

18. BiggAW macrumors 68020

Why should the FCC be allowed to force Apple to sell it's phones to certain carriers, and have to add that carriers' hardware to it?

19. cynics macrumors G4

I don't apple would be that shallow. If they will financial benefit from the deal they will do it. No business the size of apple is that dumb to not make money out of spite....

20. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Are you serious man? Apple has done it plenty of times.

21. 808? macrumors 6502a

Buy an unlocked iPhone, then you have the freedom to choose any carrier you wish.

It also makes overseas travel less of a headache.

22. RotaryP7 macrumors 6502a

Apple went to T-Mobile in the US first for the iPhone but declined.

23. BiggAW macrumors 68020

I'll be nice since you're not from the US, but USCC is a CDMA carrier, and as such, you cannot activate an unlocked iPhone with them.

24. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

i mean that different carriers use different frequencies and different cell technology like CDMA,GSM,Different 3G frequencies.I never said apple should be forced to support what they want but if there was uniformity in the the technology it wouldnt matter.in america you dont like verizon?Well guess what your phone wont work anywhere but on Verizon due to CDMA

25. BiggAW macrumors 68020

Oh yeah, that's true.