Do you expect a new line of MBP sometime in 2011?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by j0hnnys, Nov 17, 2010.

1. j0hnnys macrumors member

Possibly some Core i3's for the 13" (which I'm begging for)?

2. i3igsmooth5769 macrumors 6502a

i3igsmooth5769

as of now....an updated mbp is expected in 2011...but spec wise no one knows as apple remains low key.

3. MisterFeeney macrumors 6502

As said above, everyone is thinking Q1 2011, just be aware that no one will tell you a date or any specifics as no one here knows -- unless they work at Apple HQ but even then they will not tell :)

You, like the rest of us, will know only when Apple releases it. Till then, sit back, grab a cup of tea, and relax. That's what I am doing anyways.

4. TopHatPlus macrumors 6502

I do expect them about 12 months after the current release, apple seems to be setting into some more regular habbits with more substantial updates. The i3 is great and all but it offers very little more over the c2d, i am running a i7 so yes its hella fast but a lot of it has to to with the turbo boost it really kicks but to get the long drawn out stuff done. I am sure they will do something they always do =D

5. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

th e trend according the the MBP buyer's guide is about 8 months-10 months! (sry but you know lower the better haha!)

but in the meantime if they will release it in feb/march.. we will see rumors around december/january

(about 1-2 months prior to release date..

6. swingerofbirch macrumors 68030

The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    The new Sandy Bridge processors are supposed to have good integrated graphics that best some (I assume low-end) discrete cards, so maybe Apple will wait to use those in the new 13" MBPs, given their current dilemma. If they use the iX chips, it seems their only other option is to put a dedicated graphics card in the 13" somehow, as they wouldn't want to come out with a product that has worse graphics than its predecessor.

7. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

where they able to put the Nvidia graphics card on the 15 and 17 inches because of the room?

and can we make a sticky about upcoming rum,rumors/questions for the MBP/ MAC LINEUP??

its getting irritating, no offense to the OP

8. Built macrumors 68020

I agree...

Thread number 1,452,346 with a variation on the same question.

People need to realize, "SEARCH is your friend."

9. aimbdd macrumors 6502a

Very annoying. why no offense? This is one of like 20 threads with the same topic on the first two pages of the forum.

10. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

i dont know.. just in case he feels we are straying from the topic (which we are)
    or he might take it personally that we are targeting him, etc.

put we should make a sticky on the MBP forum page or even the buying tips and advice forum..