Do You Feel Safer? - New Republican Video

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Apr 30, 2009.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

2. nick9191 macrumors 68040

I feel a lot safer knowing there is not a mentally retarded war mongering murderer ruling the world.

3. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

Just goes to show that they can't think of a better way to support their beliefs but through the use of fear tactics. Sad really...

4. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

Its like a skipping record....

5. Eanair macrumors 6502

Eanair

Actually, yes I do.

How sad that this is what the Republicans are doing now.

6. paddy macrumors 6502a

paddy

I tried seeing the video from the perspective of someone who was paranoid Republican and a real Bushite. But even trying the see it as remotely unnerving from that viewpoint was impossible. The video was just frustratingly retarded.

Anyone who falls for this crap needs help.

7. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Its sad that they play at this level, i mean even the music is dramatic crap.

I really hope the American people get tired of this and the party as we know it dies a humiliating death.

8. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

unbelievable. This stuff is coming from the republican congressional leadership too.

that's all i can say....

9. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

That was weak on almost every level possible. It starts by asking a question that nobody's really worried about in re: Obama; it talks down to its audience; it relies on discredited opinions (Hayden, Blair); it's badly edited; and it has music that is so melodramatic it sounds like something out of 24.

In other words:

[​IMG]

10. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Video Question: "Where to put the Guantanamo Bay Prisoners?"

Real Answer: "Most of them already got sent back to their home countries"

Wtf is that video on?!?! its like McCain campaign tactics during a non campaign time, Republicans are just digging a hole, and its already very deep.

The Democrats should come back with a video like, "Who is paying for Guantanamo Bay? The American Tax payers are, would you rather unemployed Crysler workers starve because we cant afford to feed them, or feed Guantanamo Bay prisoners?"

11. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

"What is Obama going to do to counter the threat of radical jihadists?"

Radical jihadists? I didn't know there was such a thing as a jihadist, and if there was, doesn't it imply radicalism already? Are there reasonable jihadists, who call for a holy war only if we're okay with it, and only on Friday nights if we don't already have a date?

12. stevento macrumors 6502

stevento

I think a more appropriate question is do you feel better? and yes i do.

13. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I feel a lot safer. Much more so than with Dumbya at the helm. I feel like we're going to get through this rough patch just fine.

14. Little HZ macrumors regular

Little HZ

I don't believe "thinking" comes into it ... :rolleyes:

15. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

Not to worry. Hillary can take that 3 a.m. call ...

16. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

At 1:13 why did they show a picture of the Pentagon on 9/11? That has nothing to do with Obama...

17. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

It has everything to do with the GOP's go to tactic, fear.

18. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

What a pathetic video. To try and rule the people based out of fear is just...no words.

19. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Here, let me summarize the video for you:

Booga, booga, booga!

Booo!

20. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

And let us not forget that it was only a few short weeks ago that the GOP was out in force whining about how unfair it was that Obama was using "scare tactics" to get his economic stimulus package passed...

21. gibbz macrumors 68030

The GOP clearly refuses to offer any alternative solutions or to give valid debate to political decisions. Instead, they play off of the ignorant fears of their constituents. What is even more sad is that their base falls for it every time.

22. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Fear is all they have. It's all they've ever had.

23. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

You know what, I don't feel safe.

Mostly because of all the reports I've read saying the previous administration (and those who have been complicit - on both sides) made things less safe for us. Not only stretching our military beyond where it should be, but the endless wars I keep hearing are in their last throes and will be ending any day now, except they won't, that by all accounts have made us less safe. Because of things like torture, that do make us less safe, that people like Obama and some of the Dems in Congress won't pursue or even talk about for fear of pissing off those who hate them anyway, who are out there convincing the public that it's a confusing issue when it isn't, and the so called "liberal" media is letting them. The same people who went after Clinton before they even knew about the bj don't want to prosecute for fear it might cause a divide that's already there, ignoring how the rest of the world sees it, and worse, how future gens may deal with it (or not). And how were so busy chasing dead ends and false leads (also partially thanks to things like torture), and dealing with the other billion problems the previous admin dropped in our laps that 20% of the population is blaming on the guy who's still unpacking, that everyone is pretending is 51% of the population. Maybe you guys can be out there protesting something that has nothing to do with anything instead of paying for things like flu prevention again, then let that "liberal" media scare the **** out of me with talk of how the flu is going to kill me even though it won't.

So the GOP wanted to go around poking rabid dogs in the eyes and lighting the world on fire (and some Dems let them, but who set the fires and did the poking), and now they want to complain that the Dems are sprinkling too much water on the fires, saying they must hate firemen unlike the patriotic GOP (that want to secede and buys guns because the new guy is going to take them away even though he isn't and how dare anyone even mention that unless they hate the troops) when they should be spraying more, and that there is no fire, and why aren't they checking all the dogs leashes the cowards? Well **** you for asking GOP! I DON'T feel safer, ****youverymuch, and I have YOU ***wipes to thank (and yes, the complicit as well, but stop pretending it should be in equal amounts when it isn't)!!!

Now get a new strategy or shut the **** up until you do...

24. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Prosecuting the CIA people who actually did the torture wouldn't be totally fair. Normally in these things you don't do that, you have truth and reconciliation like they did in South Africa and Rwanda.

25. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

But you'd have to admit, it wouldn't be totally unprecedented.

How many people who don't favor prosecuting CIA agents who carried out torture would be willing to say the same about John Demjanjuk? How many of them would be willing to cut Zacharias Moussoui slack on the basis of him just doing what he was instructed to do?

"I was just following orders" has not been an acceptable excuse in the past, yet it is bandied about pretty regularly these days.