Do you follow shipments this closely with non-Apple products as well?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ashton18, Apr 20, 2015.

1. ashton18 macrumors regular

ashton18

I only did this when my car was being transferred and delivered to my local dealership!

2. cloudspy macrumors member

Depends on what it is.

3. arminta7 macrumors regular

arminta7

I track things closely, but not like this. And I definitely don't post on forums about it lol.

4. pmau macrumors 65816

Amazon tells the delivery date the moment I click "buy".
    They nailed the experience.

Other companies besides Amazon and Apple don't sell stuff I want.
    99.8% of all my online shopping is with these two.

The rest is real-world shopping, groceries excluded of course.

5. ohio.emt macrumors 6502a

Yes.

Check delivery dates on everything i order, and track it when it ships. Of course UPS makes this easy since I get alerts about my shipments. I also check up on items that are backordered frequently. Mostly get obsessive with tracking any new electronics that shipping to me. Toothpaste from amazon not so much but still check on shipping date and delivery date though.

6. Teach4 macrumors 6502

Teach4

I always track things closely. I ordered a TV from Samsung and it is on back order and they have no idea when it will be in.

7. Mike Delta macrumors 6502

Mike Delta

8. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

Being an "Apple product" has nothing to do with it, it's being an exciting new product in a new product line.

9. Fortimir macrumors 6502a

Fortimir

Depends what it is. Other than Apple, probably the only other thing I ever was this obsessive about was when I pre-ordered a 2006 Pontiac Solstice back in '05. Order in April, Delivered New Years. Talk about a wait. Of course people would take photos of the storage lot outside the manufacturing facility... and we'd get updates when it was on a train, and when it got off the train, when it got loaded onto a truck, etc...

10. pirateRACE macrumors 6502

There are non-Apple products? :roll eyes:

If I order something I'm excited for, but usually not preorder items.

11. karmamule macrumors 6502

karmamule

Yup. Other (non-Apple) phones, gaming PCs, and the most obsessive time of my life: 4 months waiting for my Model S 85.

12. redman042 macrumors 68020

Rarely. Call me a sheep or whatever you want, but few tech products are as exciting to me as a new Apple device, particularly given how well made they are and how integral to my day they are. For example, I don't think there's any object in my life that I use nearly as much as my iPhone. So it's pretty exciting when I get to upgrade it for a bigger screen, faster processor, or better camera, and I can't wait to get my hands on it. In the same vein, the Watch is exciting because it's going to enhance that phone in my pocket in many ways.

This is why I'm long on Apple stock. I can't think of any other company or product that has become this trusted, exciting, or indispensable.

----------

Ok that's one example of a non-Apple product that I might be actually more excited about than an iPhone or Apple Watch. Sadly, I'm not in the market for one. Hope you enjoy it!

13. John90976 macrumors newbie

John90976

14. Mr.C macrumors 601

I do especially for preorders of new product releases or launches. I always like to make sure the various steps in the processing and shipment of my orders are on track. If they're courier deliveries all the more reason so I know there will be someone home to sign for them and to make sure they are delivered especially if I am at work.

15. playaproved macrumors 6502

Depends on what it is. iPhone, :apple:Watch, iPad, TV... sure. Video Games, movies, shoes, misc accessories... not really.

16. karmamule macrumors 6502

karmamule

Thanks! And, yeah, it's fantastic. I've had it since September 2014 and just finished a drive from MA to NC and back a couple weeks ago. Like an Apple product in that, while expensive, you do get what you pay for.

17. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

No. The only time I ever obsessed over a delivery was when I bought my first kindle in 2010.

18. karmamule macrumors 6502

karmamule

Ooooo I'd forgotten about that. Yeah I obsessed over a couple different kindles. They have some fun forum denizens over there to obsess with.

19. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

I remember literally mugging the delivery man that morning #

20. TsuaSai macrumors 6502