Do you get this problem on your new unibody MacBook/Pro? (Screen tearing in safari)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by eBrooker, Nov 8, 2008.

1. eBrooker macrumors newbie

Nov 4, 2008
    Open Safari, go to a webpage and scroll up and down it by holding/dragging the scroll bar to the right of the browser window. You may see a 'tearing' line going across the whole browser window near the middle or lower middle somewhere.

I get it on mine, and I went to the Apple store today and the same thing happens on all their mb and mbps.

Seems like it is a common fault - and if it happens to yours it might be worth saying so here so Apple know how many people it is affecting and hurry up and provide a fix (think it is a gpu driver issue).
  2. pdxflint macrumors 68020

Aug 25, 2006
    Oregon coast
    I was just curious since I don't use Safari much, and yes, I have the previous generation MBP, but it doesn't happen on mine. Must be a new gen thing.
  3. duffyanneal macrumors 6502a

Feb 5, 2008
    I don't see it on mine, but I'm also running the latest release of Webkit.
  4. eBrooker thread starter macrumors newbie

Nov 4, 2008
    How do you install the webkit? Just download from then double click it? I tried that but it didn't make any difference :(

How do I 'unistall' it now? (I'm new to macs! lol)
  5. oranesonopiuche macrumors newbie

Nov 16, 2008
  6. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

Jul 30, 2008
    Vancouver, BC & Sydney, NSW
    Too funny, that video links to one guy who puts toilet paper under his trackpad (so its quieter) and another who used thick paper to bend the F keys straight.
  7. oranesonopiuche macrumors newbie

Nov 16, 2008

but the problem exist...:rolleyes: